"Yo, kid! Make sure you bring her home safe, okay? If anyone tries to disturb her, beat them up," he said, causing me to nod my head while sweatdropping.

Timeskip At The Festival

"Whoa! It's really crowded in here," I exclaimed while looking at the bustling crowd.

"Yeah, it looks like they've improved it a lot this year," she agreed.

"What should we do first? It's my first time going to such a crowded festival like this."

"You've never been to a festival before, Ushita-san?" she asked.

"I have, but I've never been to such a crowded festival like this before. It seems like they really have the spirit to celebrate this festival, huh?" I remarked, to which she agreed.

"Well then, let me show you what my father and I usually do here." Hinata grabbed my hand and led me to her special spot.

We bought her favorite food here, which surprised me with how delicious it was. In addition, we played games and I won her a necklace and a cat doll.

Finally, it was time for the fireworks show. I was amazed at how people really enjoyed celebrating such a thing. Maybe I need to explore more about this world so it can open my eyes to its beauty. I started to imagine a world without demons.

Suddenly, I felt sick to my stomach, and Hinata noticed tears in my eyes.

"Ushita-san, what's wrong?" she asked, sounding worried.

"N-nothing. It's just that everyone is so happy. I wish my parents were here," I said, sniffing a little.

"You know, every time there's a festival in the nearby town, we always sit together outside watching the fireworks together," I said, making Hinata look at me with a sad expression.

"Looks like you have great parents," she replied.

"Yeah..."

"You know, I never knew what my mother looked like," she said, and I looked at her, surprised.

"What do you mean? Did she run away or something?"

"After she gave birth to me, she died fighting a demon. That's why I've always wanted my father to teach me how to become a slayer. But he gave me the same test just like you, and... I failed it," she said, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"I-I thought I could do it, but in the end, I couldn't bear a simple training. When I saw you training with my father, I was saddened that I couldn't be like you, Ushita-san," she said, falling to her knees and crying.

"Hey, it's okay, Hinata. It's okay," I said, comforting her with a hug.

"N-No, it's not okay. You became what I wanted while I sit here and do nothing."

"Look at me, Hinata. Look at me," I said as she gazed into my eyes.

"It's okay to be weak, but it's not okay to stay weak. You're the strongest woman I've ever known in my life, beside my mother of course," I said, making her giggle.

"But it doesn't mean you need to become a slayer to help people in need," I said as she stared at me.

"Ushita-san, for the past two years, you've been the only man I've talked to besides my father. I was so lonely as a kid, but when you arrived, you became the star of my life," she said, her face blushing.

"Ushita-san, I want to give you this," she said suddenly, kissing me, which surprised me, but I ignored it and kissed her back

A few minutes later, we separated, and a string of saliva connected from our lips. I could see her face brighten red.

"I didn't know you were such a good kisser, Ushita-san," she said with a flirty tone.

"Well... maybe it's because I used to watch my parents kiss," I scratched my neck nervously.

"So, does this mean we are...?" I asked, and she nodded her head.

"In a relationship? Yes, it does. Will you become my boyfriend, Ushita-san?" She asked, and I smiled at her.

"Call me Kawaki from now on," I said, and she returned the smile. Just then...

 Just then

Boom!

The fireworks exploded in the sky, illuminating the night.

"Woah! Look at that!" I shouted, mesmerized by the colorful display.

Hinata giggled at my childish behavior as I looked at her with a smile. For some reason, her smile reminded me of my mother's, which filled me with happiness.

We sat there, hugging each other, until the end of the fireworks. In that moment, I wished we could stay like this, forever.

TO BE CONTINUED