"While I can say that was a smart move to make her do her chores, I hope you wouldn't actually go through her private things," Jade said. "Kids need privacy from their parents or they won't trust them."

Issie nodded. "My mam learned that the hard way when I cut her out of my life."

"Oh no, I would never!" Sabine reassured. "We wouldn't ever disrespect Marinette's privacy like that, I just needed her to clean her room."

Jade laughed, "Yeah I get it, my mam uses threats like that on me, and I don't really live at home anymore."

Marinette: (makes a nervous face) Okay! I'll do it, I'll do it. (She goes up to her mom, gives her a kiss, and starts to leave.)

Sabine: Have a nice day, sweetie!

Marinette: (as she closes the door) Happy birthday- I mean, have a nice day!

"Nice cover, Marinette." Nathaniel snorted sarcastically. Meanwhile, Adrien furrowed his eyebrows at Marinette's gift which seemed familiar.

"I don't remember getting a gift from you, Mari," Adrien said.

"You'll see," Marinette answered.

Sabine: (surprised face) Hm? (shrugs) Hm. (drinks)

Jade laughed at the way Sabine just shrugged Marinette's strange behaviour off.

Scene: Agreste Mansion. Adrien is eating alone at a big dining table. He looks sad.

Marinette frowned at the sight of her boyfriend.

Nathalie: (walks in) Your schedule, Adrien. (She hands Adrien a tablet.)

Adrien: (takes it) Thanks, Nathalie. (Nathalie starts to leave.) Hey, um, my father get back to you about my birthday party? (His face lights up.)

Nathalie: Well, um- He doesn't think would be a good idea.

"'Doesn't think it would be a good idea'? Dude, what is wrong with your dad?" Kim asked Adrien angrily.

"As a father, I have to agree with Kim, son," Tom said just as angry at on-screen Gabriel. "Does your father not know that he's making you miss out on one of the key parts of growing up and being a teenager?"

"I honestly don't know my father as much as I should do," Adrien said looking down, upset and ashamed. Everybody - except for Lila who's indifferent - gave Adrien sorrowful and downcast looks. Marinette interlocked her fingers with his and rubbed her thumb over his hand, Adrien giving her a sad smile.

Adrien: (turns sad again and speaks softly) 'Course not.

Nathalie: Happy birthday, Adrien. (She leaves.)

Scene: Outside of school. Adrien and Nino are talking. Meanwhile, Alya and Marinette are hiding nearby out of sight. Chloé and Sabrina are in the school but near enough to see what's happening.