Prologue

Thank you so much @LmaoThatsSoCliche for the new banner! It's everything . Thanks love ❤️️

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sophia walked into Brody's room after his mom let her in. One duffle bag was placed on the bed while the rest of his room remained untouched.

"So you're really leaving?" Sophia's voice was soft as she stood in the middle of the room with her arms wrapped tightly around petite frame.

Sophia heard him sigh from behind her and she knew he was rubbing the back of his neck – a nervous habit she had grown to love. "I thought we already talked about this."

"Brody," she turned around to look at him. "We did talk about it. But the fact my boyfriend of four years is leaving to go to school in Maryland isn't something I'm just going to smile and be happy about."

"Sophs," he walked up to her and pulled her into his strong, hulking body. "You and I both know this is a great opportunity. I would be crazy to turn this down."

"I know," she nodded. Looking up at him, Sophia knew what was coming next. "Is this the part where you and I break up? Go our separate ways?"

"Is that what you want?" Brody's voice was soft. His touch was gentle. Sophia closed her eyes to savor the moment. This was the last time she would be standing here with Brody's strong arms wrapped around her.

Sophia nodded and wiped the tears that fell from her eyes. "I know that's what you want too."

He shook his head. This wasn't how things were supposed to end. "Sophia,"

"Don't," she mustered all the willpower in her body and stepped away from him. She held her lanyard that held her keys in her hand and looked down at the ground. "Good luck at the Academy."

"I'm sorry, Sophs. I just can't go into my first year –"

"I understand." Sophia ran her index finger under her eye and wiped one last tear away. She knew she shouldn't, but she walked up to Brody and kissed his lips one last time. Without stopping or looking back, Sophia walked out of Brody's bedroom and ran down the stairs and out of the house.

As the bright California sun beat down on her exposed skin, more tears fell from her clear, ocean blue eyes. After four years of dating, he let her go in a matter of seconds.

Alright, so I've been wanting to start a new story for a while. Hopefully you guys like it! Let me know what you think :)