3. "Stacked" Emotions

Start from the beginning

"Why not? I thought couples are supposed to call each other nicknames," the lycan tried to come up with an excuse.

"You're delusional. If you consider us a couple, then you would let me call you a mutt or dog," I remarked.

Unknowingly, Enid covered her face and turned away from me. I did catch a glimpse of her cheeks changing into a crimson color. She reminded me of a chameleon. I can't understand what made her change colors and look away. I find her actions to be suspicious. Not to mention the fact that she was still wearing the ring on her finger.

"Uh, y-yeah! S-sure! Whatever you say. I'm just g-gonna go," the blonde tripped over her words and pointed to my bedroom door.

I watched as she swiftly left the room without saying another word to me. I wasn't positive as to why she had left in a hurry. I did hear her greet someone out in the halls. I figured out who it was when I found Thing entering my room. He gave me a wave before looking back to the entrance.

Is Enid feeling okay? She looks super red, Thing signed.

"She's fine. I must've gotten to her head or scared her off," I dropped my arms to the side of me.

I doubt it. That look Enid had on her face told a different story.

"Care to explain what you mean by that?" I was intrigued by what the limb had to say.

Did you woo her? The hand signaled.

"That's an absurd question. I did not woo her and never will," I was ready to peel off all of Thing's fingernails.

Mhm. Sure. Anyways, Pugsley wants to see you in his room.

"For what exactly?"

He needs to talk to you, Thing went straight to the point.

"That's new. He better not tell me to read him a bedtime story," I said before heading out of my room.

I was met with the hallways and went straight down to the stairs and back up where Pugsley's room is at. Without a thought in my mind, I opened his door instead of knocking. There, my brother was playing with a black and white rubik's cube on his bed. He stopped and lifted his head to find me standing by his door.

"Hey Wednesday. How are you feeling after the whole bomb that's been dr-"

"Beyond furious. I didn't get the chance to bury the entire Sinclair family alive. I am planning to divorce that stupid dog after our wedding. Then, I don't have to worry about her or being a part of mother and father's business. They are driving me mad," I didn't let Pugsley finish his question.

"To be honest, Enid doesn't seem that bad. Mom and dad could've gotten someone worse for you to marry," Pugsley tried to make the situation better.

"Nonsense. Everyone knows I am not relationship material nor do I have feelings. I'm meant to have solitude for the rest of my life," I reminded my brother.

"If that's what you think, then sure. I will hang out with Enid and get to know her more. I think she'll like my machete," the younger boy yanked the weapon out from under his pillows.

"I doubt it. Now, are we done talking about my devastating engagement, or is there more you have to say about it?"

"I'm done. You can go back to your room. I'm a little tired from the ride to the airport and back here," Pugsley yawned.

"I hope you have nightmares," I whirled away to exit his bedroom.

"You too! Night Wednesday."

I didn't say anything else and left his door closed behind me. Ironically, I already am in a nightmare that's going to feel endless. My ears deceived me when Pugsley made a statement about wanting to get to know Sinclair. Those two would get along. As long as he is keeping her occupied, I will have my alone time.