Part 1

Buzz buzz

'Wtf? Why is my table vibrating?' Quickly blinking my eyes open from my slight nap. I must have fallen asleep when I was getting things ready for school on Monday— my first day of classes this year so of course I left everything until the last minute to do.

Buzz buzz

'Oh right, my phone...' I look under millions of papers and finally find it. It's Tim. 'Why is he calling me so late at night' I glance at the time to see it's 8 A.M. 'what? I closed my eyes for 5 seconds how did 6 hours go by?'

"Hello?" My voice is cracked and you can definitely tell I just woke up.

"That's why you forgot..." Tim says into the phone with a chuckle.

"What are you talking about?"

"How late did you stay up?" Tim sounds almost worried.

"Just till like two. I was going to finish the last but but I guess I fell asleep at my desk." I rub my neck finally feeling the pain of uncomfortable sleeping.

"We were supposed to get breakfast..."

"Oh shit! I'm sorry it totally blanked my mind. I was just trying to get everything done before- well I guess tomorrow." I feel so bad for standing tim up. We have gotten breakfast every Sunday since his wife had left. It calms him or maybe distracts because he used to do some cute thing with her on Sundays. Either way i always love going and I don't believe I let it slip my mind.

"No biggie. I'll bring your usual to you're place and help you clean up since I'm sure it's a mess." We both know that when he says help he really means watch and critique me but I'd still enjoy his company.

"Wait- did you just say biggie?" I giggle into the phone. Tim is not one for doing slang so this was too funny to me. While he tries to defend himself for being hip or whatever I start the shower. "Ok well I will see you when you get here. You have keys so just come on in. And thank you." We end the call and I hop in the shower.

While I'm showering I can't help but think about how me and Tim became friends. I had been kidnapped by this super creepy guy. I'm pretty sure he was going to sell me or something, but thankfully Tim pulled over his van and searched it to find me. I know that he only pulled him over for speeding but it still probably saved my life. I'd never tell him this but I will forever be great full for Tim.

I guess I was pretty banged up from that guy, I mean I had to stay in the hospital for 4 weeks. He had broken all my ribs and had tried to poison me I guess. Well Tim decided that he was gonna come check on me every day. And within those 4 weeks we would have longer and longer talks every day. To the point when he would bring his wife and then the three of us would just talk and talk and talk. It was awesome, I feel like I had just made two amazing friends. Then Isabel took my number and they started inviting me to house parties they would have for games and stuff like that.

I've been friends with both of them since, but when Isabel stopped coming home because of her addiction I knew that Tim would need more support. Of course I still check in on Isabel but when she turned up at my house to simply tell me she was moving out of her house and to watch over tim I knew that I should give her space. Ever since then Tim and I talk every week so that one I can make sure he's ok but two so I can report back to Isabel how he's doing.

I finish up my shower and then quickly get dressed, just throwing on some loose shorts and a oversized tee. Just then I hear Tim walk in. 'Perfect timing' I walk out and grab some plates for us to eat breakfast.

"How is your class stuff going" Tim asks once we start eating.

"Good. I mean for how late I've started."