008 || a furry little problem

***

***

TW: Mention of sickness

***

Another Muggle Family Killed :
A family of muggles got murdered recently. Aurors' are investigating but it is said that most likely they have been attacked by death eaters...

The dark haired girl slapped the Daily Prophet on the Slytherin table, crossed her arms on said table and rested her head on them. "Another attack," she murmured to Estella glumly.

"I know right! Isn't it cool?," said Rosier after he overheard her to which Lyra rolled her eyes at.

"You seem worried," Estella looked down at Lyra and she nodded wearily. She was worried for Estella's family. Her father is a muggle-born and her mother is a half-blood, this is clearly an easy target. She also has a 10-year-old sister named Ellie who also may be in danger. She is just an innocent little kid.

"I am. About you," Lyra said.

Estella chuckled a little, "we'll be fine. Stop worrying about me."

   "How am I supposed to do that?!" Lyra exclaimed. Her question was unanswered when the Great Hall was filled with many owls flying in to deliver the mail. Misty, Lyra's owl, came perched on her shoulder making her chuckle. "Hey, Misty." She took the letter from her beak and gave her a treat which the grey owl took with a happy hoot before leaving.

    To Lyra Vega Black
    Great Hall

    Lyra's scrunched up her nose as soon as she saw the letter. It was from her mother and she absolutely loathed her middle name. It sounded so weird. She opened the letter and it said:

    Dear Lyra,
    I believe that you are behaving well. I am writing to tell you that you are coming home this Christmas as your father and I have canceled our trip to France. Just a reminder - do NOT talk to the blood traitor brother of yours. He is a disgrace to the family. You know there are people in Hogwarts to inform me if you are talking.
    Sincerely,
    Your mother
    Walburga Black

    Lyra wanted to shout really hard that America can hear her. She was secretly excited not to go back to Grimmauld Place because her parents had this 'urgency' to go to France for some weird reason.

"What does it say?" Estellas asked, moving her head to see the letter more clearly.

"It's from my mother. She said I am coming home for Christmas since they're not going to France anymore," Lyra explained.

"Well, at least you won't be alone anymore," she clarified since Estella was going on holidays when Lyra thought she would not be going.