◌ºঃ what about you? ◌ºঃ

Start from the beginning

She was an affectionate younger sister, rarely embarrassed by her quiet twin unless he was making weird theories – like the time he ranted to her at two in the morning about how Midoriya was related to All Might. Not his brightest moment, but Emiri and Shoto were twins, and being a little bit pea-brained was a trait they shared.

Though Emiri was independent most of the time, when she had to rely on someone it was Shoto. It was a given that no one questioned.

Emiri glanced at Bakugou who opened the vending machine collection bin to grab the piles of drinks he just bought.

With Shoto clearly busy, she wondered if it would be so bad to rely on others. Heck, she'd asked Bakugou to come to the cemetery to meet her once. Sure, it was a bit embarrassing to talk to your crush about your issues, but it was a part of growing closer.

"I was thinking of working full time with Recovery Girl after graduation."

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Shoto sighed, holding his phone loosely as he sat on the porch outside the dormitory.

He was supposed to call Emiri days ago. They'd agreed to call twice a week or whenever there was an emergency. But it had been three weeks since she'd left and he hadn't called her once.

Sure, she texted him to let him know when she had service so they could call. But he never initiated any calls and ignored her calls, texting her afterwards with some excuse as to why they couldn't call.

In reality, he was stunted. His father's words had immobilised him.

In all honesty, Shoto never believed that Enji actually cared for them as human beings, as his children. It was clear that Enji only viewed them as weapons to surpass All Might. Sure, he promised to be a better father and in some ways, Shoto saw Enji put in more effort in the past few years than he's ever done in their entire lives.

Whether that be trying to get more involved in their school lives, attending Fuyumi's dinners and even engaging in light conversation at times. But those were all just surface level things that never really showed that he did care about them.

But after hearing him talk about Emiri, Shoto was beginning to believe that Enji had been so adamantly against her dreams because he actually knew her. He paid attention to his children more than he let on.

Shoto spun his phone between his fingers, making a frustrated noise.

"Todoroki?"

He turned around, "Hello, Mr Aizawa."

The dark haired teacher leaned against the sliding door, peering down at his troubled student.

"I assume your talk with Endeavour didn't go so well," Aizawa stated, noticing the restlessness of his student.

"No, it didn't." He confirmed.

Aizawa quietly wandered over, slowly taking a seat beside Shoto before leaning back on his hands.

He would've talked to Endeavour himself if he could. But a U.A. teacher can't just convince a hero to recommend someone. It would be showing favouritism and he didn't want to get in trouble with Principal Nezu when he was already against the idea of overfilling the hero course with too many students.

"You know, your sister used to come to me every afternoon and try to convince me to let her into the hero course," Aizawa began, making Shoto look over at him. "I always thought that she had the ambition and the compassion for it. But I never really saw her actual potential until now, she's come so far."