Inej nudged him "no, it's not" and Jesper just snickered,

"Trust me. Arken and I think alike" Kaz cut in,

Leo huffed "well isn't that a worrying thought-"

A loud explosion cut her short and made all four heads turn to the sound.

Arkens train had exploded. Parts of metal falling from the sky as it was blown to bits.

Leo smiled at the sight joyfully "HA! Some diving intervention, good riddance tin can" she gave a comical wave to the remains that were up in smoke,

"Too soon to appreciate the irony, am I right?" Jesper asked with a smirk,

Inej and Kaz looked defeated, and Kaz mainly looked irritated to no end.

Leo gave Jesper and nudge "too soon" she whispered and he nodded in agreement.

⋅ ⌖ ⋅

"The skiff is still here" Leo heard Inej speak as she entered the place they were keeping cover, she had been on lookout around where they were staying for any information of how to get onto a skiff to cross "Travelers downstairs are complaining they were due to cross this morning"

"Orders from the black general" Leo spoke up as she entered their room "he plans to cross it tomorrow" all turned to look at her as she made her entrance... all but one. Leo felt that familiar disappointment.

"The general?" Jesper spoke as he mocked a thinking face "is that the same general who tried to- oh yeah! Kill us all" he huffed "that one?"

"That one indeed Jesper" Leo smirked as he rolled his eyes and looked out the window,

"He has the Sun Summoner" Kaz spoke up, and Leo gave him a blank look. One he ignored,

"You're still on that, huh?" She scoffed,

"Was this your plan all along?" Inej practically seethed as Kaz sat calm with his hand wrapped around his cane "to have the general get her back so you can take her again?"

"My plan is to get us through the fold. We aren't prepared for another fight" Kaz shrugged,

"So you're not going to take another run at Alina?" Inej asked, whilst Leo asked,

"And you're really willing to let a million Kruge go?" She knew Kaz valued money too much to just drop the heist, she knew that from the start. It's pretty obvious.

"Leo, Jesper and I can't do it without you"

"Been saying that since day one" Jesper said in a 'I told you so' tone,

Leo scoffed "speak for yourself" she muttered,

And for the first time in many hours, Inej actually turned to face Leo. Her face showing hurt and disappointment, but Leo kept a stone face no matter how hard it was. No matter if her legs felt like water when their eyes met, she had been ignored for hours. She could bite back too.

"You've made your position perfectly clear" Kaz digged,

Inej looked away from Leo and answered the boy who sat "so all you want is to cross the fold?" She asked as if she didn't believe it,