basketball boy

You don't know why you even cared to give attention to that basketball guy. You're not even into boys for goodness sake. And really, you really shouldn't have gotten yourself involved with that guy.

Because he's now standing two meters away from you, giving the very same candy you currently have in your mouth, the one you received from him just an hour ago, to Kang Haerin.

Kang Haerin, your teammate.

Kang Haerin, your actual crush.

It's Hanni who speaks first, "Dan, isn't that the same guy that gave you the candy?"

You nod, the candy tastes rather bitter now. The two of you take a step closer to them and the guy finally realizes you're here. He just gives you a smirk and then a wink to Haerin, like it's normal to flirt with two girls at the same time, before leaving the corridor.

And then Haerin notices you too, her eyes widened and she opens her mouth to say something.

Before she could say anything though, you take one last lick on your candy and offer it to her. You don't need to hear explanations from her, or him, really, there's nothing to explain.

She stares at you for a moment, like she doesn't know what to do with it. You nudge your hand, take it and she takes it, straight with her mouth. You shoot her a flirty smile, or well, you try to, at least, and she returns it. You try your best to not scream.

"Let's go, the bell is about to ring," You say to Hanni and turn your body towards your classroom.

You leave the corridor and you can feel her stare lingering on your back.

Hanni looks at you weird for the next 10 minutes and you just let her be, if she knows, she knows.

That weekend, Minji invites your dance squad to hang out at the skatepark and when you arrive there, Haerin is sitting on a skateboard in denim and a white headband, watching all the people playing in the park. You bite your lips to prevent yourself from screaming. She looks just too good today.

"Hey Danielle," she says, grinning ear to ear when she catches you at her sight. "Seems like the others are late."

"Hi there yourself," you reply, returning her smile. You take a look at the skateboard beneath her. "I didn't know you ride skateboards."

"I never got the chance to show it to you." You can see her breath hitch for a second before continuing her words, "Or the others."

"You think you can show me now then?"

She smirks and gets on her feet. "Sure," she agrees before rolling away with her skateboard to the bowl.

At first, Haerin is just skating back and forth in the bowl and you doubt her for a minute.

Which was a wrong thing to do.

Because then she pushes the board more forcefully and brings herself to the edge of the bowl, pausing and posing a peace at you. She goes back down and pushes the board to the other side of the bowl, making herself move even faster than before. And then along with her board, she leaps and she's flying for a few seconds. The sun is shining on her, like it knows she's the highlight of the whole park.

"Woah." It was Hanni, deciding to appear right next to you. "Is that Haerin?"

You never thought you could fall harder for her.

The five of you are talking about the outfits you're gonna wear for the dance performance at a party next week when notification bells ring, from your and Haerin's phones. The discussion stops and the others put their eyes on the two of you. You take out your phone to see messages from him on your lock screen. On your side, Haerin is on her phone too, her face looking annoyed.