Chapter 5 - Peace

Start from the beginning

"Huh?" I said.

"I thought you were taking a break for yourself. Healing and all that shit."

"What do you mean Finnigan?"

"You and the English captain? Really Tipp?" He must've seen. Of course he did. Finn is an avid social media user, especially checking my hashtag on twitter for any discrepancies.

"Finn..."

"I thought you were going solo for a while. Isn't that the whole reason you moved?" He had a point, I knew he did. But, I couldn't control this. It just happened. It wasn't planned. It felt like fate.

"I didn't plan this," I said, trying to make Finn understand. "It just happened. She just happened."

"What about Ellie?" he asked.

"What about Ellie?" I replied.

"Are you guys really over? I mean, I just thought it was a break. You were together for almost a decade."

"Finn, we're really over."

"But-"

"Finn! She has a new girlfriend already."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Finn soon said.

"It's okay, but, just leave it. Please." I was pleading with Finn at this point to not only leave Ellie out of this situation, but me as well.

"Okay, I'll leave it," he responded. "How are you feeling about tomorrow?" For him, my game was tomorrow. Time difference always confused me, but after having all my family in Australia, I had become used to it.

"A little nervous," I replied. "But it'll be fine. At least, I think it will be."

"You'll do great. You always do." I smiled at my brother, before checking the time, realising that it was time to continue my day.

Finn had always been the person who could ask me anything, and I would never get angry with him. He was always my voice of reason, and I needed him, more than I think I had ever needed anyone else before.

I soon made my way to Borehamwood as it came closer and closer to our game.

I got out of the car, walking inside to be greeted by Steph.

"Tippy!" Steph said, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"Stefy," I responded.

"Now, this is your debut, how do you feel?" she asked.

"Excited," I responded.

"Yay. It'll be good. Just be the amazing Tipp we all know you to be." I smiled at my Australian vice captain, as we headed inside.

Soon, another person came beside us.

"Hello," I said to Cait, as she walked beside us too, with Lia on her other side.

"Now, Steph, have you asked Tipp about her news?" Caitlin prompted.

"What news?" I asked.

"About you and a certain person..." Caitlin responded.

"Really?" I asked, laughing.

"What?" Steph said, confused.

"Well, firstly, Ellie and I broke up."

"What?" Steph said, basically shouting.

"Yeah, a few months back."

"No, you're lying," Steph said. "I don't believe it."

"Well, best believe it," I replied, shaking my head slightly.

"I'm so sorry," Steph soon said.

"It's alright," I replied.