scaramouche (1) ; ligaya

Magsimula sa umpisa

"eto na, ilalagay na. wag ka na magalit,"

"...di ako galit." he replies, eyebrows furrowed. parang sira nga naman kasi, bakit hindi niya napansin na ikaw yung nagsalita?

"edi ba't ganyan mukha mo?" you point out, making his face relax and contort into an awkward expression, as if he was trying to not look angry.

"pake mo ba?" he answers defiantly. "dahil jan, ikaw magbuhat niyan. tulungan mo ko dalhin 'to kay ma'am."

"luh, nagbibiro lang eh." you complain, frowning. "pero sige na nga."

---

the two of you now walk by the hallways, carrying the worksheets and notebooks that were to be submitted to the teacher. as the two of you walked silently up to the faculty room, you tried to start a conversation to ease the awkwardness.

"uh, tapos ka na sa science?" you bring up.

"why, kokopya ka?" he responds, making you sigh. nambabara nga pala siya.

"pwede. pwede ba?" you joke, but you were taken aback by his answer.

"okay lang. wag mo lang ikalat sagot." he simply responds.

"ay. kala ko mambabara ka nanaman, eh."

"ay, yun ba gusto mo? sige. wag ka na kumopya. malaki ka na din naman. kaya mo na sarili mo."

"hala, hindi! pakopya na, okay na. wag ka na mambara," you plead, making him laugh.

"oh, yan naman pala eh. kunin mo na lang notebook ko."

"yehey, napakabait naman pala. pakiss nga," you joke, grinning.

"ha?" scaramouche responds in disbelief.

"ha?" you reply, staring at him. but then you huff, since it looked like he wasn't going to respond anytime soon.

"wala! bingi,"

"no, i'm not bingi. anong pakiss? seryoso ka ba?"

"bakit, gusto mo?"

"...hindi, (y/n). nandiri lang."

"wow, ha. ang kapal naman ng mukha mo?"

"oo, talaga."

as the two of you arrive in front of the room, he opens the door for you, despite his hands being full. shifting the weight of the door using his foot, you enter the room, greeting the teachers.

once you both did your own errands, the two of you walked together to the exit, the hallways and surroundings now less crowded since it has been long since dismissal happened.

"saan ka ba sasakay pauwi?" you ask yet again, trying to start a conversation.

"uh, i hail a taxi." he answers, shrugging nonchalantly. wow, araw-araw, taxi? siguro nagtatae ng pera magulang niya.

"ay. mayaman ka nga pala." you wistfully mumble under your breath. "sige na, doon ako sa-"

"sasabay na lang ako sayo." he says out loud, interrupting your attempts of goodbye.

"di mo nga alam saan ako nakatira..."

"saan ba?" he asks, making you smile.

"doon. tatawid muna ako."

"edi doon. tara,"

and so, he does follow you around. although he looked pretty streetsmart, it was clear that he was pretty new to riding jeepneys of the sort.