Avery curled herself in Bed and held her stained hands to her chest, trying to pretend that they were normal. But yet again nothing in her life was normal. Normal wasn't in her dictionary. After all, she had spent her childhood marching through the dark gloomy woods alongside her evil grandfather hunting innocent people who had lives, Who had a families, Who had friends. She regretted a lot of things in her life but standing beside Gerard was definitely at the top of that list.

Arrow jumped up onto the mattress, joining Avery's side as she snuggled close to her and made a soft noise which was her way of telling the girl that everything would be okay.

But would everything be okay?

~

"They were murdered." Scott states, inspecting the bloody lacrosse stick in his hand that once belonged to Brett. Avery couldn't keep her eyes off the object. The bloodied pole that was sitting in Scott's hands meant a lot to the boy, lacrosse was everything to him other than his sister. And now all that it is, is a weapon that was used against him. That thought made Avery sick and shiver but her attention was drawn to Scott as he placed it down and continued. "Killed by the new hunter in Beacon Hills. You know, when he took out the Hellhound, we thought that it was luck. That we were dealing with an amateur. But now we know that whoever this new hunter is, he has a teacher."

Avery's eyes fell to the metal bench in front of her, seeing Gerard's emotionless expression as he held her eyes. Avery remembered how tense she had gotten as soon as she saw him deep in the murmuring crowd. "Gerard." She whispered, in a venom like tone, to show how much she hated saying his name. Even the mention of him made her want to hide but she stood tall with crossed arms over her chest, eyes set hard on the bloody lacrosse stick.

All eyes fell on her and Argent nodded. "Which means this is my fault. I'm the one who let him go." Lydia was quick to disagree. "You couldn't have done anything."

"He could've killed him." Malia shrugged simply which earned a weird look from Lydia but Avery smiled slightly sharing the same thoughts as Malia. Avery couldn't help but think to herself that would've been nice.

Malia averted Lydia's eyes. "Just saying."

"We're not executioners," Lydia says turning away from Malia and looking at nothing in particular. But Malia didn't fully agree. "You are when it comes to war."

It was quiet for a few seconds but then Scott broke the silence by saying something that caused Avery to scrunch her face up in disgust. "That's why we're gonna make peace." Avery lifted an eyebrow at Scott questionably. "With Gerard? Highly doubtful. Also, that is a disgusting idea. I'd rather shoot myself in the foot with an arrow."

Scott turns to Avery and sends her an apologetic look, knowing how hard this might sound for her to hear. "Avery, you know what's coming."

Avery did know what was coming. Everyone else would call it war but Avery calls it hell. Hell was coming to Beacon Hills and it was coming fast. Gerard is the best manipulator Avery knows about and it will be a piece of cake for him to get every citizen in Beacon Hills to go after all supernatural creatures.

"We all keep using the same word," Scott says which
Argent then mutters the word with folded arms. "War."

Scott nods in agreement.

Malia looks between the two before asking. "So what stops a war from happening?"

"Peace summit." Argent answers.