Chapter 9

[Y/N]

When she decided to accept the offer from Yashiro Commision, this wasn't the person she expected to meet as her educator. Ironically, the one who's standing in front of her now didn't look surprised like she does at all. [Y/N] couldn't help herself from letting out one of the most awkward greeting one could say.

"You?"

That surely won't leave a good impression. She shouldn't have make this situation more awkward that it already is.

"Yes, me. Though it would be more appreciated if you called me Lady Guuji instead."

[Y/N] nodded awkwardly, she never had the knowledge that the Shrine Maidens at Grand Narukami Shrine are working under Yashiro Commision. Though this assumption may be proven wrong soon.

"Sure, Lady Guuji. I did not expect to see you here, never knew that shrine maidens here are working under Yashiro Commision."

"It surely wasn't a common knowledge for newcomers like you and don't misunderstood, the commissioner has no authority over me. I came here of my own free will."

She nodded once again, what else there is to say? She should definitely ask about her classes schedule, yet she can't seem to let out the words. Lady Guuji's presence made her more anxious that she already has been and the one and only thing she though about now is how much better it would've been if she just chose to sleep in this morning.

"You are a pretty one aren't you? I love having beautiful people as my disciple. Just like your friend, Akari right? It was unfortunate that I need to remove her, she undeniably needs to work on her manners while talking to me."

[Y/N] had known that Akari is no longer learning from Lady Guuji now, she had never told her any details about why did she leave Lady Guuji's class. Turn out she never left, she got kicked out instead. Be that as it may, how did Lady Guuji knows that Akari is her friend?

Natheless, that question is not as important as the one she's going to ask now.

"Didn't you reject me before? How come that had changed now?"

"Because of countless considerations. I despise my decision getting questioned, dear. Instead of thinking about that, why don't you think about your reason on choosing a menace as your darling? Anyhow, your first class will be three days from now. See you."

[Y/N] stops focusing on anything Lady Guuji has said after hearing the accusation of her choosing a menace as her lover. For all she is aware of, she never had anyone to call as her lover. Relationship wasn't in her priority, her health is. Yet, it could be that Lady Guuji perceive something she did not.

A menace as my darling? Who?

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The Balladeer

Scaramouche did not anticipate any good news to be delivered to him off the back of today's victory. The fight has fuelled his need for more of it, but now isn't the right to look for more trouble as more and more The Doctor fatui's soldiers are watching his every move.

Today his mission is to cast around for the one he adore. The one he adore?  Adore might be a wrong choice of words for this situation he is in. The one he was 'intrigued' by should be the correct term. Scaramouche has no particular reason to visit her other than to piss her off but that is better than no interaction at all.

Everything is strange for him, he didn't just wake up and chose to be a little attracted to the one he used to despise. Doest not mean that he doesn't despise her now, just lesser. His intention today is totally to irritate her, not wooing her.

No, Scaramouche is going to end it all today. No more of this and that. No more irritating emotion to deal with.

After the conflict he engaged in, he realised he could be taken in by the Tsaritsa any day. He knew her trust in him is starting to waver and he isn't going to plead the Tsaritsa to forgive him for whatever wrongdoing he has done that goes against the Fatui's term and condition. As if he would ever plead anyone for anything in the first place.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

[Y/N]

Late in the evening, she was doing nothing other than sitting on a bench under a tree near her inn while waiting for Akari's arrival. She has been back to living a mundane life. Staring at the sky with nothing on her mind, during moment like this she often find herself reminiscing all her peculiar encounters with the Balladeer.

Just when started to think about him, a strangely familiar voice was heard and it was calling for her.

"Was it a coincidence that you're sitting on a bench that I plan on sitting on first? I don't think so, witch."

What the fudge? She can't believe what she heard and she was sure the person who said that must be high on something. Of course it was none other than the arrogant man with big hat. Who else would have said something as embarassing as that.

"This bench is a public property and if it was owned by you why wasn't your name carved on it?"

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The Balladeer

That was a horrible greeting, a very horrible one. His mouth is always ready to throw a comeback at anyone but due to the nonsense he said, there was none that came to mind. There was no tactic to cover up that mistake of his.

"What do you want, Mr.Vanity?"

[Y/N] asked him. Lucky for her, he has prepared a response for that question.

"I want you to be gone."

The truth was said and all the silly tension between them vanish. His tone of voice has changed into a more serious one compared to the tone he usually use when talking to her. Ever since she appeared in his life, he wasn't feeling the same. His feeling always has been full of anger and nothing more but now that she is here, a mix of everything is what he felt.

He doubted if he could end her the same way he did with the others but letting her sense that isn't on his agenda.

Notes :

It wasn't supposed to be like this, like can they both get together already??