Chapter 4

[Y/N]'s

"Mother, father I want to tag along with Akari to Narukami Island."

She paused her sentences to take a look at her parents' expression and by looking at it once, she knew what their answers are going to be.

"I'll be applying as Lady Guuji's disciple too. Heaven forbid me declining her acceptance of me as her student if I get chosen."

Determination filled her voice and her father noticed it while her mother is still in denial. This time, she'll fight for her rights to be free of their clutches of worry and empty promoses to let her be free. She won't allow them to coax her to take their refusal as an answer.

"Sometimes I forget my daughter isn't so little anymore and wasn't in need of my protectiveness any longer."

"Father, it's not my intention to be rude to you. I'm sorry if you feel disrespected."

She makes her intentions known by vocalising those words. [Y/N] knew she is not at fault, yet she chose to apologize knowing the elders are usually more sensitive than youngsters. Elderly really need to work on their feelings.

Just kidding.

"Will you let me go? Let me feel free instead of kept being reminded of my illness. I want to forget and by staying here I won't. People won't let me be."

Her silent plea was heard by her parents. Owing to the reality that it's not [Y/N]'s first  time asking for her old man and woman's seal of approval. Be that as it may, this time both of can see her strength of will.

"I will let you. Afterall, we can't kept you in a golden cage forever, do we?"

Her father replied uninterrupted, yet her mother's expression showed that she didn't share the same sentiment with her husband.

"You shouldn't let her! How can you know if she'll survive? All this while we protected her from everything. Don't forget the fact that she didn't know how to cook yet and will waste money on takeout all the time!"

She's getting tired of her mother protest everytime she asked for this. Thus, she leave the living room area and went to her room to show her defiance before she got any more headache from this.

In one's heart of hearts , she knows her parents will agree this time.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The Balladeer's

Scaramouche knew people feared him, he knew they aren't respecting him because they wanted to, they were told to do so . The Fatui wasn't an organization that was build based on discrimination and the harbinger wasn't chosen contingent on their manners either. It's their strength that matter. So why should they behave now, when they can act like a rascal if they wanted to?

Hence, The Balladeer didn't understand the purpose of acting like a goody two shoes for an annual banquet each year. As if portraying themselves as a different character once wasn't hard enough already.

"Oh my, the arrogant balladeer seems to be in a very pleasant mood today."

The banker is one of many that knew better than to approach him at this moment but decided to go for it still. Both of them have little to no morals known to mankind, to be stronger and stronger is the only thing that become their guidance.

"Good timing. Now I can leave all these soldiers that's trying to get on my good side to you."

Then, he disappeared without a care about how this will affect his public appearance. No one disobey the Tsaritsa, if she told you stay, you stay. Scaramouche might be one of the few who cock a snook at her order.

The Balladeer went to the entrance of his grand abode to call for his servants who are more loyal to him than the Tsaritsa herself. Most of
them are those who serve for him since the beginning of his position and few manage to get on his good side.

"Soldiers!"

By mouthing that word once, the Fatui's soldiers that were under his command appeared one by one.

"How may I be of service, Lord Balladeer?"

"Book a cruise for me. Tomorrow 6 AM I want to see it available and ready to use at the port. Narukami Island is where I wanted to go."

"Orders noted, my lord"

"If the cruise is one minute late, you'll be facing the consequences. Mark my words. Leave, now."

The soldiers nodded, then make their disappearance known to him. The threat he said was unnecessary including the glare he gave too. He knew the soldiers would obey him, but where's the fun without an implied violence?

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Narukami Island - [Y/N]'s

On [Y/N]'s way to Narukami Island with Akari, she saw a few ships making their way to dock at Ritou. The people in it were wearing clothings that symbolises they aren't from Inazuma and most of them are wearing masks that cover their pair of eyes. She isn't one to judge, but it do looks strange to her.

"I'm happy to finally have a friend to hangout with here! Still in shock that your dad actually let you go with me."

"Right! Who knows I can be so lucky. Though it took awhile to convince my mother. I need to send them a letter next week."

"Sure, I can accompany you to the post office. Hm, would you like to meet Lady Guuji now or go to our inn first?"

"Inn. Too tired to have a serious talk right now"

Her tiredness was obvious from her voice.
[Y/N] only have little to no experience on travelling. This might be her second time going to Narukami Island, yet it didn't make it any easier for her. Her body didn't have the same amount of strength and resilient like a certain someone do.

Wait, certain someone?

The man with big hat and no decent attitude who she helped keep on making appearance in her mind. It's ridiculous to always think of that kind of person, and she obviously shouldn't have any sense of longing towards him. False hope on meeting him once again should be vanished too!

She knows if she tells someone what's going on in her head, they are going to tell it's because it was her first time to meet a man around her head who happened to be unusual than the others and this will only be a short-term attraction.

Perharps those who said that are saying the truth afterall. At least, she hope so.

[Y/N] has no desire to get involved with a criminal. Her gut says he is indeed a criminal because what even is 'the harbinger' ?

Notes : sorry for late update. I'm on writer block for awhile. Actually no, truth is I spent my free times on Pinterest instead of writing 😵‍💫