As Camilla reached the door to her temporary chambers the sound of footsteps filled the hall as a servant ran around the corner "My Lady, there's been an incident."

...

The flame from the fireplace was the only light cast around Hightide's Great hall. Camilla stood beside Alicent, both women holding his hands and whispering comforting words as the Maester stitched the wound over his closed eye. Behind them, Baelon stood beside Helena, asking her questions about insects to distract the princess, and Aegon whispered jokes to Viserra hoping to comfort his cousin.

"How could you allow such a thing to happen? I will have answers." The King roared.

"The Princes were supposed to be abed, my King." Ser Harrold answered.

"Who had the watch?"

"Young prince was attacked by his own nephews, Your Grace." Ser Criston spoke up this time.

"You swore oath to protect and defend my blood!" Viserys roared.

"I'm very sorry, Your Grace." Ser Harrold apologized.

"The Kingsgaurd has never had to defend princes from princes, Your Grace." Ser Criston defended himself and the rest of the King's Guards.

"That is no answer!" Viserys yelled, getting in the knight's face.

"It will heal, will it not?" Alicent asked the Maester as everyone in the room turned awaiting his response.

"The flesh will heal. But the eye is lost, Your Grace."

The doors opened once more as Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys entered the room. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Baela? Rhaena? What happened?" Princess Rhaenys asked as the two girls ran to their grandmother.

At the same time Rhaenyra entered the room calling for her sons, quickly followed by Daemon. Lilac eyes scanned the room before softening when they landed on Camilla. Daemon quickly strides across the room, joining his wife beside the Queen, much to Rhaenyra's annoyance.

"Where have you been?" Camilla whispered.

"I was busy avoiding being accosted by my niece. Seems she wishes to make amends." Daemon teased, smiling at the anger in his wife's eyes.

"They attacked me!" Aemond yelled, breaking the two from their conversation.

All at once the children began yelling over each other.

"Enough. Enough. Silence!" Viserys yelled. "Aemond, I will have the truth of what happened."

"Aemond," Alicent spoke gently. "Tell us what happened."

"I claimed Vhagar, and when I entered the castle they attacked me."

"And?" Viserys urged the boy to continue.

"What more is there to hear, my King. Aemond has been maimed and the knife was found in Prince Lucerys' hand."

"It was a regrettable accident." Rhaenyra spoke, defending her son.

"An accident?" The Queen repeated. "Your son has maimed mine own. He could have killed my son."

"It was my son's who were attacked and forced to defend themselves. Vile insults were levied against them."

"What insults?" Viserys questioned.

"The legitimacy of my son's birth was put loudly to question."

"What?"

"He called us bastards." Prince Jacaerys added quietly.

"My sons are in line to inherit the Iron throne, Your Grace. This is the highest of treason. Prince Aemond must be sharply questioned so we might learn where he heard such slanders." Rhaenyra continued.