Chapter 10 - Back to School

Justin Green High School.

My face felt like it was on fire as I came out of the bathroom wearing jean shorts and a cute sweater.

I mean, I loved them. But I couldn't believe I was wearing this to school.

I looked at my mate to see him as red as me, if not more.

He saw me catch him staring and looked away.

"Y-you look really cute..." he said.

I smiled and walked up to him.

"And you look devilishly handsome," I said as I walked over and popped the collar of his leather jacket.

He pulled me in for a kiss and gripped my slim waist, making me flinch from last night.

"Still hurts?" he asked.

I nodded sheepishly and he smirked.

"You're lucky you got away with just that. Next time, you won't be able to walk without limping with every step."

I blushed and pushed away, quickly rushing out the door, hearing a hearty laugh from Felix on my way out.

"Come on! We need to get my stuff from home before we can go to school!" I yell at him.

He comes out and plucks an apple and a peach from a bowl of fruit on the kitchen counter.

He tossed the peach to me and I caught it before taking a huge bite out of it.

"Mmn~ That's so~ good!" I moaned at the amazing taste.

I giggled as his eyes flashed black from Felix to Maverick.

"If you make another one of those sounds, I'll make sure you're walking with a limp today."

I stopped laughing.

///Time Skip///

As we pulled into my driveway, I hadn't realized my hands were shaking until Felix had held them.

I looked up at him and he gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Do you need me to come in there with you?"

I shook my head.

"No, I'll be okay."

I stepped out of the truck and walked slowly up to my front door.

'Let's hope they ignore us like they always do,' Ezra said, making us tuck our tail in between our legs.

I nodded to him and gulped.

I opened the door to see red plastic cups and empty beer bottles all over the floor in the living room.

Tiptoeing to my bedroom, I heard laughing in my backyard.

"And that little bitch of a son I have was so emotional about the comment, he burst into tears!" my unfortunate mother told her friends.

They laughed as I continued my way up the stairs.

I quickly gathered all of my papers and books into my backpack and swung it over my shoulder.

As I quietly walked out of the house, my expression and emotions had gone toward the more negative side. But as I heard Felix singing and bashing an imaginary drum set to some rock music, I smiled brightly and forgot all of my problems with my family.

I opened the car door was my ears were flooded with American Idiot by Green Day and Felix yelping when he saw me. 

"Uhh..."