Chapter 54: Zero

Brain's Staff: There is no stopping us! We are near! Cait Shelter!

Fuuwa: Seriously?

Natsu charged first and tried to hit the staff with his fire. The staff then suddenly flipped over Natsu's fist and then spun towards him rapidly, hitting Natsu and sending him wheeling backwards towards everyone.

Gray: Natsu! Damn it!

Gray takes a stance and prepare an Ice-Make spell.

Happy: Look at him tumble, Lucy!

Lucy: Well, I don't think that's the main point here.

The staff then suddenly charged at Gray, slamming it's head into his stomach. Natsu then came up from behind and grabbed the staff.

Natsu: Caught ya!

Gray: Great going, Natsu! Now we beat the crap out of it!

Raiga was off to the side with Fuuwa, Happy and Lucy watching the fight go down as the staff still continued to beat down Natsu and Gray despite Natsu's hold on him. The Staff then beat them enough for the two to start arguing with each other.

Gray: Hold it properly, you dolt!

Natsu: Try dodging it instead, you jerk!

Fuuwa: ...-_-... Are they being humbled by a stick?

Raiga: It's kinda funny to be honest.

The two then started to fight while Brain's Staff gives Lucy a creepy stare.

Brain's Staff: Jiii...

Lucy: Here we go again! The usual...

Happy: The usual over-self consciousness?

Lucy: No!!! The usual "It's such trouble being so cute!"

Fuuwa: A guild is on the brink of destruction, and this is what we're focusing on?

The Staff then had a disappointed look on it's face.

Brain's Staff: Oh, it's just a kid. Such a disappointment...

Lucy: A KID!?!?

Gray: Now!

Gray and Natsu then charged at the staff again, only to get beaten back.

Brain's Staff: You brats...

The staff struck them down with electricity.

Lucy: Natsu, Gray!

Raiga: Why are you two having so much trouble against one staff!?

Brain's Staff: What's wrong? Is all you got your youth? Youth alone isn't going to beat me! You young'ns are always showin' off your young selves, you!

Lucy: ...-_-... I think he might be a little self-conscious of his age...

Raiga: ...-_-... Ya think?

The Staff then looked forward and realized something.

Natsu: And what?

Lucy: Right on the mark, huh?

Happy: No, I think it's something else.

Brain's Staff: Incredible... All six... All Six Generals are wiped out!

Raiga: Midnight was defeated? (Erza and Jellal must've done it.)

The staff starts panicking as orb it was holding in it's mouth fell to the floor and cracked itself in the ground.

Brain's Staff: No, this is bad! Very bad! He is coming!