How?

The days blurred after finding out that her only family, only one she had ever trusted , wasn't actually her family. How? All her life- plays, trips,holidays,- her aunt had been there for her. No matter what. She had cared for her,like she was her own. She had even shares memories of her mother, saying how much she missed her. What she was like. And it turned out she wasn't rosie's mothers, sister after all. But a stranger. Not related to her at all.

"You need to come out. Your depressing as hell. Your skins going pale..and I can't remember the last time you showerd. " Damon said appearing in her doorway. But rosie just stayed staring out the windows, from the old wooden chair,by the desk in her room. " go bother someone else Damon. "Rosie sighed. " I would, but everyone has left us! Stefans in his room, expressing his emotions to his journal. And all of his/ours/my possy are no where to be seen. So you see rosie, your my only source of entertainment. " Damon smirked.

Rosie turned to him, with a smirk too. "I would of thought someone with your intelligence could use his imagination to find another source of entertainment. I guess Caroline was right about you not having any." Rosie raised her brow. " you know, Caroline should know better than anyone just how much imagination I have." Damon smirked recalling some memory,that rosie had been all but too well informed on. You see Damon and Caroline, kinda had a thing.

"No she wasn't talking about your imagination. In fact she was referring to your intelligence. " rosie said sweetly, turning to look back out of the window. " as much as I would like to continue this thrilling conversation. A new source of entertainment has arrived. Six actually." Damon said listening to something far away. "Some other time then." Rosie smiled, but nope- not sweetly her normal seductive way. "But of course." Damon said turning on his heel to annoy someone else. Finally.

"You should, socialise." Stefan said coming in on his way downstairs to greet everyone. Ugh! One leaves another arrives. Rosie thought. "I don't really feel like socialising at the moment. Apparently I'm depressing as hell. " rosie quoted Damon. "Damon doesn't really have a way with words. He meant, cheer up." Stefan winced.

"You do have a habit of listening in on conversations don't you,Stefan? " rosie smirked. " I apologise, but sometimes I can't help it. " Stefan admitted. " whilst I accept your apology, you have guests I'm sure are waiting for you to rescue you from your brother." Rosie tried to discreetly get rid of him. "Yes. But do cheer up? They all would love to see you. We will get to the bottom of all this. But in the mean time, stay positive." Stefan smiled. Rosie smiled back.

"Thanks Stefan. I'll try. "Rosie winked. "You should let some of the stuff your keeping in,out. That'll be what's keeping you down. " Stefan reminded her. "I'll try. Now go! They're all waiting." Rosie reminded him. He turned and left, throwing her a smile as he turned. Rosie sighed.

For days now Stefan had tried talking to her. Hoping she'd open up. But after years and years of keeping it in, it was hard to do otherwise. She wanted to. She wanted to let it all out. Everything she had been feeling. But the only person she wanted to tell,was her aunt. And that's kinda where her problem had came from. Not to mention her aunt was dead.

So, instead she turned to the next best thing- her diary.

Dear diary,

I feel as though without you, I would be lost. Or rather had lost it. Letting this stuff out to you makes me feel so much better. Like your a best friend I can tell everything to. And you'll just listen. It gives me hope. Hope that everything will be okay. Hope that everything will work out. Hope that somehow, we'll find out how I look like elena and Katherine. How my aunt doesnt have a sister called belle. How In fact doesn't have any siblings at all. How my birth certificate is missing. how there's no trace of my mother. How I'm living with vampires. And how I'll get through this.

But no matter how many times I try to focus on the positive. And be hopefull. I'm still haunted by that ugly word. How? How is this all possible? How is my aunt not even my aunt? How is my mother undetectable? How do vampires, werewolves, witches even exist? How? The list is endless of the possible how's currently in my life. But I still cling on to the tiny hope that my how's will be answered. And I will be able to understand my life again. And I am faced with a new word. Not haunting like my how's. But welcoming like the word welcoming. Hope. I will cling on to my hope, for as long as I'm faced with my how's.

Rosie closed her dairy and puts it back on her desk. She already feels the weight lifting. The air thin. The world become that little bit better. She really did need to thank stefan for suggesting the dairy thing.

"Um. Rosie? You should come down stairs." Caroline said shifting uncomfortably. " what? Why?" Rosie asked frowning. Damon was right. She needed to get washed and dressed before she even thought about facing anyone. "It's kinda important." Caroline said,still looking uncomfortable. "Why?" Rosie asked picking up on Caroline's weirdness. "Uh. You'll ,um, find out when you get there." Caroline answered almost noiselessly. "Caroline. Just tell me why or I'm not coming. " rosie had spent enough time around Caroline to understand she rarely acted like this. In fact the only time she had known for her to act like this was on the phone. When she had found out her aunt,wasn't really her aunt.

"Uh. I can't you have to come down." Caroline hadn't met rosie's eyes once. "Nope. Either you tell me, or I'm not coming." Rosie had also known Caroline long enough to know she wasn't very stubborn in this kind of predicament. "I... I can't okay! I promised! I don't know why, if they all thought it was easy enough to stay mute,they should of came themselves!" Caroline burst.

Rosie smiled at her new friend. "it's okay, care. Just tell me. It's there fault anyways, right? They should of came themselves if it was so easy! Just like you said." Rosie also knew just how to get Caroline on her side. "Uh... fine! Just, just... remember to breath. Okay?" Caroline looked worried. Really worried. And finally met rosie's eyes making her loom more worried. "Okay. " rosie said skeptical.

"So. We think we might of... of... found out who your mom was... I mean... is." Caroline stammerd.

Rosie gasped shaking her head. Her mother. how had they found her? Who was she? How did she DIE? how had rosie ended up without her. With someone who wasn't any relation to her?

" but we don't know for sure..." Caroline continued trying to consol the now pacing rosie. "wait... didn't you just say... is?" Rosie stopped and looked into Caroline's blue eyes. Caroline ticked some of her light blonde hair behind her ear.

"Well... she's ... not ... uh... dead. I mean not buried six feet under dead anyways..." Caroline rambled. But rosie tuned out.

Not dead? Then where was she? Who was she ? Wait. Where is she? Who is she. That was going to take some time getting used. To. Rosie thought processing everything. She's not dead! But what was Caroline taking about... 'not six feet under anyways..' what did that mean? How was she...

And suddenly rosie was faced with that horrifying, haunting word again... How?

》》》》》》》》
Authors note ...

Bit of a long chapter there but...
I hope you liked it... :)