preface...

"Push, dear it's alright, your almost there." Dr Gilbert encouraged. "I can't do it, I can't do it!" Isobel shouted, inhaling and exhaling deeply. "You can, just focus. Breath! And push! " Dr Gilbert kept going, delivering the baby, alone.

He had been working late when a startled young girl came knocking,asking for help. She was giving birth! He knew he had to help her. "You can do it Isobel, just keep going! Your doing great!" He smiled nodding at her.

Isobel took a deep breath, her tanned skin beaded in sweat, her hair back in a messy bun, she was just a young girl. Already faced with so much? I can't do it, she thought. I can't!

"Aggghhhh" she pushed with all her might, thinking kindly at the medication the doctor had given her. Pain like this just was too much! Surly this wasn't normal? "I see a head, keep going isobel dear!" The doctor soothed.

She pushed again, feeling exusted. 'I love you.' John's voice rang in her head. This was the last thing she had heard him say to her. It was the thing she had clung on to all this time. 'I love you too, my John.' She had replied.

The little room was filled with a babies cry. "It's a girl!" The doctors voice called. Isobel smiled. Everything would be okay. The baby was okay, she was okay, and John loved her; no matter what. Everything would be okay. "Aggghhhh!" Isobel cried, suddenly filled with fear.

"What? How...." the doctor began. He layer the, now wrapped up in blankets, baby down before checking isobel out. "I think there's another in there." He looked up. "What? No! I... I...." isobel had handled so much already. Becoming pregnant. Being kicked out. Another one? She was having twins.

" we need to get it out! You need to push on the next contraction. You can do it! You just have, this time it won't be so hard. " he smiled at her. How young was she? Going through all this on her own? He showed he sympathy in his smile.

" now!" He shouted encouragingly. "Aghhh! She screamed , pushing again. Once again, the room was filled with screaming, only shortly after her push. " another girl!" Called the doctor, seeing to the babies.

Isobel layed, panting heavily. She had done it! Finally done it. She had created these buetiful girls!