Only the bottom of her slacks and her shoes had gotten wet, and she already felt the cold was unbearable.

He went to the vehicle first to get an umbrella to pick her up, and in his trip there and back, his button-up shirt became sodden as well. After the two had gotten into their vehicle, he went to the trunk and pulled out two pairs of track pants and two shirts from a small suitcase that was inside before he walked back to the front, reclined the seat, and handed one of the pants to her. “It is a little big, but put it on first.” Fortunately, it was late and there was no one in the parking lot.

“Mm.” She took it from him and in that tight, little space, began to remove her slacks, shoes, and socks.

And then, she slipped on his pants. It was much more than just “a little big,” and it was very long, too…

Her feet bare, she stepped on the bottom part of the pant legs, not needing to wear shoes at all.

She heaved a long sigh. “I only just discovered today that your legs are so much longer than mine.”

Finding the sight rather amusing, Zhousheng Chen threw a couple extra glances at her.

He took a clean dress shirt, folded it, and placed it underneath her feet. His hand brushed against her foot. It was frightfully cold. “Are you very cold?”

“A little bit.” Her voice had already started to take on a nasal tone.

Taking her two feet into his hands, he set them on his knees and gently began to rub them.

Shi Yi was somewhat surprised, but she compliantly allowed him to do so.

He had never been skilled at verbally expressing his emotions, but in their times together, he would occasionally do something that would allow her to tangibly sense his feelings for her. They were not intense and scorching, but slowly, they penetrated deep into her.

The warm wind of the car’s heat and his actions allowed her feet to gradually warm up.

Shi Yi shifted her feet.

He lifted his eyes to look at her. “Warmer now?”

“Mm-hmm.” She urged him, “Hurry and change your clothes.”

She pulled her feet back and set them on the clean shirt he had folded, then handed the clothes that had been on the backseat to him.

Zhousheng Chen swiftly changed out of his button-up shirt and trousers. When he had put on the clean pants, she took his wet clothing from him and tossed them into the backseat. Unexpectedly, she sensed him leaning in towards her. The distinct, gentle warmth of his breath caused her awareness to grow fuzzy, and she turned her head to the side, allowing her lips to bump his.

Inside the car, the two of them silently kissed.

Her body had gone from feelng icy-cold to a somewhat unbearable parching heat. As her fingers toyed with his shirt, they unintentionally brushed against his chest.

She suddenly became aware that this was still the car park.

She nudged him and said quietly, “Let’s go home.”

He kissed her lightly on the cheek and said an “alright” before, at last, buttoning up his shirt.

As their vehicle pulled out of the car park, he suddenly remembered something. “When we have confirmed a date for our wedding, how about we arrange for my mother to have dinner with your parents?”

Shi Yi was taken aback for a moment, and she gaped incredulously at him, her eyes filled with a delighted surprise. “Really?”

He smiled. “Really.”