45

Chapter 14.2 – After Magnificence Has Become But Emptiness (2)

It was the last part of September.

The elderly lady from the Wang family paid an unexpected visit. Accompanying her were the eldest grandson of the Wang family, whom Shi Yi had met once, and several meticulously dressed middle-aged women. Several months had passed since the last time she had seen her, but this elderly grandmother was still very polite and respectful to her, and there was even a slight sense of affection. When the old woman took a seat on the couch, she gently pulled on Shi Yi’s hand and had her sit down as well, as if she knew very clearly that Shi Yi’s health had not been very good.

“This Eldest Young Master’s temperament is a little impatient, and the date of the wedding is too close. He did not leave more time for this granny to work.” The elderly woman smiled and gently held Shi Yi’s hand. “There are only six outfits. Take a look. Are there any that you like?”

Shi Yi suddenly understood. She glanced over toward Zhousheng Chen.

Unconsciously, the corners of her mouth turned up in a smile.

He had left the couch for them to use and was sitting on a wooden chair, his elbow propped on the armrest as he smiled back at her.

“These are still just the initial prototypes.” The old woman observed their silent exchange and could not hold back her smile. “I estimate I will be coming back at least three or four times. Take a look at these ones first.”

“Next time, I will go over to see you.” Shi Yi felt apologetic for making such an elderly woman run around everywhere. “Granny, next time, when you are finished making them, let me know ahead of time and I can go see you.”

“It is no bother,” the old woman smiled. “You are only just recovering from your serious illness and Wenxing is also in a hospital in Shanghai. I am making one trip, but I can visit two people. Otherwise… I don’t know when Wenxing will make a full recovery and come out to my little town to visit me.”

Zhousheng Chen had mentioned Wenxing’s hospitalization to her.

However, because of her health, he had not agreed to let her go to the hospital to visit.

These words of the elderly woman actually provided the opportunity she needed to her, and she took advantage of it, saying she would go with along with her to visit Wenxing. This time, Zhousheng Chen did not stop her.

Someone opened up a box, and shortly after, garments were hanging on a dark red frame.

Six traditional Chinese style gowns as well as a western style wedding dress were all hung up.

By now, she had worn several garments made by the Wang family.

However, most of those had been sewn by the Wang family’s younger generation.

This time, it was a gown for the actual wedding banquet. The grandmother of the Wang family had personally designed it, and indeed, there was a difference. There was an indescrible sense of luxuriousness, yet at the same time, it was understated. From the choice of material to the design to the actual handicraft of sewing, everything was flawless.

Shi Yi was trying on the garments in the study, and only the old woman and Zhousheng Chen were present.

In passing, she had asked the question, why had Wang Man not come this time? She was aware that, because she was a woman and to observe proprieties, the Wang family usually would have Wang Man accompany Shi Yi during fittings. She reckoned that, even if the old woman came together with Wang Man, this practice would still be maintained.