27

Chapter 8.3 - Inevitable Times of Parting (3)

Her flight arrived on schedule in Bremen.

Following his instructions, she went to collect her luggage and then, with nowhere to go, she went to the main hall to wait. She was sitting directly across from a shop, and in its window, she could see all different sorts of people inside the shop as well as her own faint reflection. Tilting her head slightly to the side, she smiled at herself. Zhousheng Chen, it's been two months since we saw each other.

Two months. Sixty-one days.

The outline of many figures would intermix in that window, all coming or going.

She saw several people appear in the mirror-like window, including him. Today, his dress was very simple and very ordinary, a white shirt, black pants, and glasses. Shi Yi quickly turned around and saw that the remaining stern-looking men with him were all wearing dark blue dress shirts and two were even carrying black briefcases. Only the man, who looked to be approximately thirty-five or thirty-six years old, walking side by side with Zhousheng Chen was more casual in appearance

When she rose to her feet, he had already walked up to her.

"My wife, Shi Yi." Zhousheng Chen made a slight gesture, introducing her to the man beside him, and at the same time, he looked over at her. "This is my university classmate as well as my old friend, Mei Xing, courtesy name, Rugu." This name was rather unique. It was relatively rare to find someone with a courtesy name[1]. Since Zhousheng Chen had introduced him in this way, she construed that he must be a longtime friend of the Zhou family as well.

Shi Yi smiled cordially. "Mei Rugu? Wasted willows, withered lotuses, but 'mei ru gu' [the plum blossoms are as before][2]." Such a wonderful name. She felt embarrassed to praise his name directly, so she used this subtle way to express her admiration. Quickly, she added, "Hello Mr. Mei."

Mei Xing appeared rather surprised. He glanced over at Zhousheng Chen and bumped an elbow against his arm.

"Yes?" Zhousheng Chen laughed.

"You're a lucky guy."

With slight curiosity, Mei Xing politely asked Shi Yi, "Miss Shi Yi, the first time you met your husband, were you able to understand the meaning behind his courtesy name so quickly as well?"

Shi Yi shook her head. "I did not know he has a courtesy name."

"My apologies," Zhousheng Chen quickly said. "I do not use it often, so I forgot to tell you."

His apology was very proper and polite.

The expression on the face of the man in front of her had changed from surprise to admiration and now was replaced with puzzlement and wariness.

Fortunately, Mei Xing understood propriety and did not ask further.

They left the airport and went to the hotel. Upon making all the appropriate arrangements, he left Shi Yi with Mei Xing, telling her only that there were some procedures that Mei Xing would be helping her to sort out and complete. After Zhousheng Chen had left, four or five men systematically opened up their brief cases and computers. Mei Xing began patiently explaining to her what she was about to take over, which were mostly Zhousheng Chen's personal assets. The numerous and complicated words and phrases used gradually caused Shi Yi to feel dizzy as she listened to them, and she started to gather that this Mei Xing must be serving as his personal financial advisor.

And these other people were, in fact, just Mei Xing's assistants.

When she had finished listening to everything, all she could comprehend was that he wanted to give her some of his assets. Exactly how this was to be done was explained very clearly to her by Mei Xin. All the assets, whether they were movable or immovable property, did not require her to personally manage them. Everything that they were doing today was simply a formality.