As it turned out, Shi Yi, too, had fallen into a short moment of silence and after a while, finally answered, "It was love at first sight."

She was unable to explain those things of the past that existed now in history books.

And so, she could only use this as a way to describe the beginning of their story.

Three months.

After Zhousheng Chen had finished briefly making arrangements for matters that would require attention during this period, the next day, he really did depart.

He only told her approximately when he would return, but the whole time, he never once mentioned about bringing her along.

She speculated, this project he had spoken about was perhaps only one of the reasons for his departure. The family he was born into and its existence was so mysteriously abnormal. Such a serious incident had occurred, yet it did not seem to have caused any tremors in the family. Besides those uninvited guests that late night and a series of explosive allegations of being connected to and a suspect in a crime, no one mentioned any more of that girl, Tang Xiaofu, who had so easily lost her life.

That family clan seemed to be in a separate world that followed its own set of rules.

If she had not had him in her memories, how could she even dare come close to a family such as this one?

Soon after he had left, summer made an early arrival.

Aside from three telephone calls each day, he seemed far removed from her world.

To increase the exposure and influence of the company, Mei Lin had spent the entire month organizing recruiting events. Since she had won an award, Shi Yi had no choice but to be cooperative and do some work for the events. Actually, she only needed to record a promotional piece, and she was still firm that she would not participate in any of the events themselves.

That day, Mei Lin gave her more than a dozen different recordings to listen to. Most of these were from scripts the contestants had written themselves.

"That year, the Buddha sat in Lotus position below the Bodhi tree. He used forty-nine days to attain enlightment. He understood then, that the four Great Elements are void[1], and he emptied himself of love, hate, and ignorance[2]. I believe, even if we should know each other for 490 days, 4900 days, 49000 days, I still would not have the courage to take up the Lotus position and to choose to have a golden body[3] but, in exchange, forget you..." As she listened to the demo, she suddenly was moved by it.

Mei Lin smiled. "It's a similar feeling to when I listened to your demo. There were so many demo tapes, but only your recitation of 'Rhapsody of the Imperial Park' made us feel that this voice was truly pleasant to listen to, despite us all being left in a fog over what you were reciting."

Shi Yi laughed, "I'm most familiar with 'Rhapsody of the Imperial Park' so when I read it, I have the most feeling."

"Shi Yi?"

"Hmm?"

"That scientist fiancé of yours..."

She turned around, held out her hand, and wagged it in front of her. "Take a careful look at which finger the ring is on. Status: married."

"Married?" Mei Lin could not believe it. "These last two months, you've been hanging out with me. That's considered 'married'? Where's the house? The car? What about the honeymoon? And most importantly, where's your Mr. Chemistry?"

"He's at the National Institute for Astrophysics in Rome..." Shi Yi answered truthfully.

"Astrophysics?" Mei Lin repeated somewhat blankly. "Doesn't he do chemistry?"