Chapter 4 - Falling

Start from the beginning

"Okay," she then answered, standing up and heading into the room.

I made myself some breakfast as Leah went through the wardrobe.

"Tipp?" she called out. I felt this becoming a regular occurrence with Leah.

"Yeah?" I asked, going into the other room with a piece of toast in my hand.

"I cannot find anything here," she joked, looking at me and judging me quite obviously on my lack of organisation skills.

"Here," I said, going beside my bed and taking out clothes that hadn't yet been unpackaged. "They gave me two and I hadn't opened them yet." I handed her the shorts, and she smiled at me, before taking them out of the package, and putting them on.

"Okay, ready," she said, leaving the room, and grabbing her phone and keys.

"You may need a shirt, Leah," I joked, as she stood there wearing only her sports bra. "Or maybe a jumper?"

"Shirt and jumper are in the car," she replied. I sighed, going into my room and grabbing a jumper.

"Humour me?" I asked her, and she smiled, putting it on.

We drove to training, and we sat in the car, beside each other, in silence, as we waited a few more minutes before going in.

"So," I said to her. "How do we explain this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we can't really say you gave me a lift. We don't live near each other."

"No one cares," she replied.

"Your ex might," I answered.

"Jords? Hardly. We're fine." She seemed sincere in this response, making it so hard not to believe her.

"Okay," I then said. "It's fine. Everything is fine." Leah looked at me, slightly worried, but I only smiled back, opening the car door and stepping out. I heard her sigh, and step out too.

We walked together, into training, and just as Leah had told me, no one asked anything. No one questioned why we stepped in together, nor did anyone ask why we arrived in the same car. I took that as a sign.

We trained together, preparing for my first game with the club. They had already started games, coming back from the Christmas break. Before I had arrived, we had lost to Birmingham City, a shock loss that would really hurt our title chances. Our next game was against City. It would be a big one. We needed points. A win would be the best, but points were what we needed.

As we finished up training, I was called over by Jonas to talk about the upcoming game.

"Tippah," he said to me, as we walked back together inside.

"You wanted to speak?" I asked.

"Yes, so, I wanted to talk to you. With Kim injured, and Jordan also out, for the game against City, you're going to be in the 10. I'll be Frida more in the 8, and have Viv up top. Does that sound like an okay plan? You okay with starting?" I looked at him, slightly in shock that he would even ask me that question. Of course I would be okay with starting; it was all I ever wanted.

"Sounds like a great plan to me," I responded, smiling at him, before running off back inside.

I saw Leah inside, sitting by herself, and without even thinking about it, I went up beside her, smiling so wide that she knew something was up.

"You look happy," she said, grinning at me, as my cheeks widened.

"I just- I just- I'm not sure. I'm happy."