Her brows came together in a slight frown, and she did not speak.

If possible, she hoped that this life would be simple and straightforward.

Besides Zhousheng Chen, she did not want to have any connection whatsoever with anyone else.

Fortunately, they were all sitting together in the lounge.

Besides being able to hear Wang Yingdong's voice when recording inside the live room, there would otherwise be no interaction with him.

According to Mei Lin, the format had indeed changed this year. Every person was required to recite a quote spoken by a character of some sort. Furthermore, in order to capture a variety of entertaining and funny tidbits, they truly were not to be given any prompts or hint. When each of them stepped into the live room, the background music of a song, chosen at random and to which they would have to sing along with, would be played. It was fortunate the songs were all formerly popular ones and only a small number of people were unable to sing along with theirs.

However, a few who specialized in doing the voiceover for documentaries truly did not listen to popular music, and these people simply ended up having to have the song played several times while the recording was occurring and learning it on the spot.

When Shi Yi was pushed into the room, Wang Yingdong did not make things difficult for her.

The lines chosen for her were ones that she was most familiar with, and the song was one that she had heard many times and knew well.

"Wo De Ge Sheng Li" [You Exist Within My Song].

A song that had been sung in all streets and alleyways and was so hugely popular because of its performance on a talent show[1]. She put on her headset and saw, on the other side of the glass, D. Wang, who was also wearing a black headset, give her a thumbs-up, his signature gesture that indicated she should get ready.

The music came on, and she hummed softly for a little bit along with the melody line.

Very simple lyrics.

Each line summoned up many thoughts.

"[0:17] Not the least bit prepared,
Nor the least bit apprehensive,
And then you appeared just like that in my world......

......

[0:45] You exist deep within my mind
Within my dreams, within my heart
Within my song......"

She still remembered when he had suddenly appeared. They had both been taking an early flight, so there had not been many people in the airport. And it was fortunate that there had not been many, for otherwise, he would have even more so felt she was being rude and obtrusive. Every expression of his had been very vivid to her. For instance, he had turned toward his left to look back, and in his hands, besides a computer, passport, and boarding pass, he had not been carrying any other unnecessary items.

He wore a light blue and yellow, checkered dress shirt, and his eyes had an untainted sense.

When his gaze landed on her, he had not shown any superfluous emotion, but that had only served to make the expression in her eyes appear even more flustered.