𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Comenzar desde el principio

Oikawa was taken aback, “excuse me?”

The receptionist rolled his eyes, “sir while you are on the file as Kohana’s father, you’ve never shown up to anything regarding her health problems since she was born, unfortunately, I don’t know for sure if you are her real father or not,”

Oikawa was about the blow a fuse, “she is my daughter and it is my right to see her,” he walked over the doors that separated the lobby to the actual patient ward. He was about to be stopped by the guards before a certain male with olive-colored hair stepped out into the lobby.

Let him in,” Oikawa looked to where the voice came from.

“Dr. Yamaguchi-” the receptionist stood up to protest.

Did I stutter?” Tadashi glared at the receptionist, “he is the real father of Kohana and he has every right to see his own daughter,”

The receptionist stood there, realizing Tadashi was not joking around and sighed, “she’s in room 620,”

Oikawa nodded and shot a thankful glance at Tadashi before walking toward the door. The guards stared at him before looking a Tadashi, whose face was still displaying anger, and opened the door for him. Oikawa squeezed his way through the door the second it was opened and frantically searched for Kohana’s room, being mindful not to accidentally run into any doctors, patients, or medical equipment.

“617, 618, 619,” he sighed in relief when he found it, “620.”

He knocked on the door, earning a small “come in” and opened it.

(F/n) was sitting on the couch that was next to Kohana’s hospital bed. Tears were still streaming down her face but she wasn’t sobbing or hiccupping anymore. Oikawa’s eyes diverted to Kohana, who had an oxygen mask over her mouth and nose. She was connected to a bunch of wires that were connected to IV fluids, heart and pulse monitors, and the oxygen tank. He felt his heart physically hurt when he saw Kohana’s state. He wasted no time and went to (F/n)’s side, pulling her into him and wrapping his arms around her. They both cried silently in each other’s grasp as they worried about their daughter’s condition. (F/n) didn’t care if Oikawa hasn’t been the father Kohana needed or the fact that they aren’t even in a relationship. What she did care about and what mattered the most to her was the fact that Oikawa came here with no hesitation or protest. Right now, his presence outweighed everything that happened between them in the past.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

(F/n) was stroking Kohana’s hand while she slept. She could see how much Kohana was struggling to breathe. She sighed and placed a kiss on her hand before sitting father back on the couch. Oikawa watched her as she leaned up against him.

“I’m assuming you want to know what happened?” (F/n) asked, her monotoned voice has a slightly playful tone, which was her attempt to lighten up the awkward silence.

Oikawa smiled slightly and draped his arm around her, “it would be nice,”

(F/n) took a deep breath in, “I should preface this story by saying that Kohana was almost two months premature when I had her,” (F/n) had flashbacks of that day, “the only major organ that wasn’t fully developed was her lungs, everything else about her was fully functioning,”