thirteen, triple banishment

Escapism
[chapter thirteen]

Escapism[chapter thirteen]

Paige was dragged aggressively through the glade and over to the entrance of the maze. Thomas' unconscious body was dropped onto the floor next to her. Teresa was held back by one of Gally's boys to the left of her and the two girls looked at Gally in disgust.

Paige was held back by two of Gally's minions instead of one, who seemed to stick by him no matter what he did, due to the fact she would be able to escape it in a matter of seconds.

"It doesn't feel right, man" Winston sighed hoping that the boy might change his mind. "Yeah, what if Thomas is right? Maybe he can lead us home" Jeff added in noticing how crazy the boy had gotten these past few days.

"We are home. Okay? I don't wanna have to cross any more names off that wall" he scoffed pointing over to the wall of which he had just crossed Alby's and Zart's name of along with a few others.

"You really think banishing us is gonna solve anything?" Paige scoffs moving the bandage that was  tied to her mouth with her jaw and looking at the boy she thought of as a brother now trying to murder her.

"No. But this isn't a banishing. It's an offering" he smirked at the two girls who were tied onto a wooden post. "What? Wait! Gally, what are you doing?" Teresa cried trying to scramble out of the ropes but they were too tight.

"You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the maze after what he has done? Look around you! Look at our Glade! This is the only way. And when the Grievers get what they came here for... everything goes back to the way it was." He stuttered just wanting his home to how it used to be, safe.

"Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy!" Teresa continued. "Okay he's not crazy he's just someone who's scared of losing any more people, Teresa you don't get it, you haven't been here for 3 years but we have, Gally doesn't want to die and he doesn't want his friends too either" she interrupted standing up for him no matter what he was doing.

"If you stay here, the Grievers are going to come back. They're gonna come back, and they're gonna keep coming back... until you're all dead!" Teresa continued ignoring Paige's explanation to his behaviour.

"Shut up! Tie him up! Do you hear me? I said tie him up!" He ordered the two boys who stood over Thomas. They started to pick him up but stopped when the boy elbowed them both in the stomach.

Paige stood on the toes of the two boys stood by her side and quickly cut herself out of the rope leaving Teresa to help herself. Fry walked over cutting her out of the rope, Chuck ran over with bags of supplies and weapons and Thomas held a spear up at Gally stopping him from moving any closer.

"You two are full of surprises, aren't you?" Gally scoffed pointing at the pair who stood side by side. "You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving.
Anyone else who wants to come, now is your last chance" Thomas shouted over as Minho joined the other side of him holding a knife up.

"Don't listen to him, he's just trying to scare you" Gally told the few boys who remained behind him.

"No, I'm not trying to scare you. You're already scared. I'm scared. But I'd rather risk my life out there than spending the rest of it in here. We don't belong here. This place isn't our home. We were put here. We were trapped here. At least, out there we have a choice. We can make it out of here. I know that" Thomas looked at Gally hoping he would come to his senses and follow with them.

"I'm sorry" Winston muttered picking up a knife and joining the group stood in front of the maze along with Jeff and two other boys. "Gally, it's over. Just come with us. Please, I don't want to do this without you" Paige begged deep down knowing he wanted to go with her but his loyalty's lied with the glade and the rules they had made.

"Good luck against the Grievers" he smiled wanting to hug the girl for one final time but stopping himself. "You good" Thomas whispered to the brunette as every set off into the maze.

"I will be" she sighed putting the knife she held in her waist band and running off into the maze refusing to look back at the boy who remained stood in the glade most likely dead by tomorrow.