𝟘𝟘𝟘

{Prologue}

"NOTHING IS SAFE FROM ME. No person, no object, nothing. I will rip this fucking world apart with my bare hands, and there isn't a damn thing you can do to stop me."

Gentle, calloused fingers that had fought many battles caressed her cheek. Warmth radiated from them, and the mere aura of him had her weak in the knees. He'd always had that effect on her.

No matter where she went, what she did, or who she was, her words clung to her—rattled in her mind as a constant reminder of her promise.

His palm cupped her jaw.

"You're correct, my love. Nothing is safe from you. We will accomplish that."

She sighed. Even his voice was perfect. What she wouldn't give to hear it play on repeat for hours was slim to none. 

As she leaned into him, her senses went crazy with the utter overload of him. Oh, how she missed this. It seemed every time she returned to this heavenly place, this life-like dream, the ache and yearning for him only grew larger. 

She swore she could feel the rough touch of his hand slide up her side, brushing delicately against her smooth fleshー

If only that dream could become reality.

Instead, she was stuck with her traitorous sister and her murderer best friend.

Saints knew Adaline Starkov would let the murder of her lover slide without repercussions.

****~****

a/n

Welcome back, everyone! I hope the arrival of season 2 brought lots of joy and excitement to all of you.

I'm so, so, excited to begin Adaline's journey once again, and I have so much planned that I think you'll all enjoy. Lots of themes will be present during this Act of NH, including the following;

Sadness, anger, love, revenge, plot twists, and of course, darkness.

Chapter one of Act II will be up soon, most likely sometime next week. For now, I hope this prologue gives you a little taste and leaves you wanting more.

See you soon my loves!