Chapter 5

{Several Weeks Later}

~Darius POV~

Grom's in a couple days. Everyone's been going insane over it for the past week.

"Odalia asked me to grom." Alador told me

We got to our lockers.

"What did you-" I started before being interrupted by an explosion from my locker.

I fell as more red dahlias than I can count exploded from my locker. They glowed a blue hue than poofed away and a note floated down. Alador picked it up.

"What in the isles." I muttered.

"Want me to read the note?" Alador asked.

"Sure." I answered, standing up.

"'Darius Deamonne of the abomination class, please accompany me to grom, Adrian Graye Vernworthe of the illusion class'." Alador read.

Adrian poked his head around the corner.

"Fine. I'll go with you, Adrian" I laughed. "That gromposal was kind of funny."

"You won't regret it!" Adrian told me then ran off.

"I'm going to regret that." I told Alador. "That guy is a walking red flag."

"Suddenly I realize why Adrian keeps popping up everywhere we go." Alador laughed, handing me the note. "He's crushing on you."

"You're oblivious." I said. "As I was saying before, did you accept Odalia's gromposal?"

"Yeah." He shrugged. "I don't really like her like that but it could be fun. I don't know."

I nodded.

"That and you assume no one else would ask you?" I said.

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes. "Jerk."

He hit my arm.

"There's some time before class. Wanna watch Eda and Raine attempt to gromposal each other?" I suggested.

"Are they really doing that?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah. They're both trying to ask each other and it's so dramatic. Raine got a few other bards involved but can't find Eda because she's waiting in Raine's locker with multiple paint guns set up to spell out a gromposal to them." I told him.

"Let's go. I have to see this." He said. "Principal Faust and vice principal Bump are going to be so pissed."

"That's the fun part." I said. "Come on."

{A Couple Hours Later}

Eda and I have a free period before school let's out. Alador and Raine still have class though so we're sticking around Hexside to wait for them.

"Eda, that was hilarious." I said. "Raine looked so freaked out. For a moment I thought they pissed Themself!"

"So did I! Gotta go big with gromposals!" Eda laughed. "I got detention though."

"Does that really surprise you?" I asked. "You got the principal in the face with multiple paint balls."

"No, it doesn't." She said.

The speakers sparked to life. Principal Faust cleared his throat.

"The long awaited appointment of the grom royalty is here." Faust announced.

"Seriously? Now? Kids are trying to get to class." A random student nearby said.

"The grom royalty this year will be...Alador Blight." Faust announced.