Chapter 5 (Family Ties)

Waking up I realize that I'm not in my bed. There's an arm wrapped around me. Then I remember what happened last night. Me and Tyler's talk. My panic attack. Him helping me. Us almost kissing. Him telling me he would change for me.

I open my eyes to the bright sun moving a bit, but hopefully not enough to wake up Tyler. Only I hear him groan behind me causing me to turn around to look at him. Once he opens his eyes, he speaks to me and lord is his morning voice sexy.

"You look sexy in my jersey." That was Tyler's first words as soon as he woke up. Although it made me hot, it was typical. I looked at him and rolled my eyes as started to get up ensuring that I didn't flash Ty.

"Good morning to you too Ty. I probably need to get going. Get home. Get clothes and then go to work. Probably see you there," I tell him in the end teasing him. He gives me an award-winning smile.

"You don't have to go at this exact moment. I mean you can stay a little long I have more clothes for you to wear," Ty tried with me.

"Absolutely not, people will think we are together and I can't have that happening," I explain to Tyler as his face drops to a frown. "I mean it's nothing to do with you, but in the future, if we were to get together I want to make sure it's right. Your with Vicki, my brother hates you. We wouldn't work right now at least."

"What if it was just between us," Ty said with hope.

"You breaking up with Vicki is not normal," I tell him turning him down. I bent over trying to grab my bag, but it was snatched from me.

"Your right, but your making excuses not to date me."

"I am not. I am giving reasons I can't date you."

"You don't trust that I will change."

"Ty that's not the case–"

"But it is you are scared an–"

"I need to get home." with that I snatched my bag from Tyler walk to his bathroom to put on my pants. Once I walked back out Ty had his keys to bring me home, there was not a word spoken as we were both in thought.

When we got to Ty's car he opened the door for me. I turned around offering a small smile. Once I was settled in Tyler went around getting in and we left. I was deep in thought of what it would be like if I and Tyler were in a relationship. Would he change for me?

~~

I walk into my house with the news on. The animal attack would be over since a hunter killed it. Jenna was talking to the tv with Elena behind her questioning her.

"Him," Aunt Jenna says like it's the most obvious thing.

"The news guy?" Lena says still confused as I walk to the other side of Aunt Jenna.

"Also known as Logan 'Scum' Fell. Did y'all mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" Aunt asked us.

"Oh, no way. You and him?" I ask chuckling not trying to burst into laughter.

"He's cute," Elena says making a point. She sits at the table and that's when I notice she is holding a box.

"He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him," Aunt Jenna tells us annoyed, then turns the tv off not to see him. "What are you doing with that?" She asked also curious about what Elena was doing with the box.

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood that she would loan it to the Founder's Council for the heritage display." Elena explains then I remembered.

"Is that Grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Aunt Jenna asks as she picks it up.

"Originally, it was Great-Great-Grandma Mary's wedding ring," I explain to Aunt Jenna.