𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Depuis le début

────»»❀❀❀««────

        I sauntered to the primary office without making a single wrong turn. My determined eyes set on Sidney and Tatum, sitting at a desk, both seeming haunted. I stormed right up to missing a beat.

"What happened?" I barked, glaring at them. They exchanged a nervous glance as if they didn't know what to tell me.

"Bronwyn," I heard. My head snapped over to the source. I sighed deeply when I saw the Sheriff standing there. "Can you and your father step into my office?"

        I groaned, pushing my way through the crowded room. I strolled right into his office, sighing with complete relief when I saw my brother sitting at the chief's desk.

"Oh my God," I murmured, hugging him as our father fled in behind me. I pulled back, cupping his face in my hands. "What happened?"

"I can explain that," the chief responded vaguely.

        He explained, in microscopic detail, what happened and what Billy was there for. He was caught with a cellular telephone outside of Sidney's house only seconds after she had gotten a threatening phone call, then been attacked.

"No, you guys have it wrong. Billy didn't kill anyone," I addressed, shaking my head.

        I couldn't shake an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach as I spoke the words. That was strange. I bit the inside of my lip.

"You'd be surprised with things that can happen, Bronwyn," the chief grumbled, fathoming that this wouldn't be easy for him.

"Exactly what proof do you have?" I interrogated, my hands squeezed into fists.

"He crawled into her window right after the attack with a cellular telephone!" the chief reminded me, holding his hands up.

"Coincidentally! Everyone has a cellular telephone!" I badgered, my heart rate speeding up at an alarming rate.

"He's our only lead," the chief accused, putting his hands out.

"What happened to innocent until proven guilty!" I trilled, jumping up to my feet.

"Bronwyn, calm down," Dad warned me, his hand on my back. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. Dad pushed me back down in my seat.

"Its fine, 'Wyn," Billy comforted, his eyes hard.

"We've interrogated him, but we need to have a little talk with you," the chief argued, his expression stern.

"Why?" I spat, throwing my head back angrily.

"If we're being honest, you dont have the cleanest record, and now this happening, you aren't looking so good," he bickered, pulling my file out of his file cabinet.

"Neither of us had anything to do with it. 'Wyn would never hurt anyone," Billy defended, shaking his head.

"Just like she didnt hurt that girl last year in the fight that landed her in jail?" the chief challenged, raising his eyebrows.

        I put my head in my hands at the reminder, sniffing in the lilac to calm myself. That was a huge misunderstanding. He never believed me.

"How many times do I have to explain this? She attacked me first! And anyway, I just broke her nose. I didn't kill her," I countered, picking my head back up.

"Hank, I need to talk to her," the chief told my father.

        He stood up begrudgingly, stalking to the doorway. He nodded at me once before leaving the room. The inside of my cheek had to be bleeding at this point.