And I didn't realize I was feeling all of this until I sat myself up.

The water I was just sprawled out on was real water; cold and wet. It soaked my pajamas and sent chills throughout my entire backside.

A small, silent breeze like the ideal spring cooled the air around me and added to the effect the water had on my skin and hair.

But despite this I still felt... warm.

Also it smelled nice out here, like flowers and sweets.

"... Huh."

Freaky dream, I thought to myself. I didn't remember the last time I was lucid.

Being out here actually was a little bit scary, even though I knew it was a dream, because everything felt so real. But it would have been more scary if it weren't for the unfamiliar feeling of safety I felt being here.

I eventually did steel myself to fully get up, and I began thinking about what to do when I looked back to those hills.

Going to them was about to be my next move, but looking around more I spotted a silhouette in the opposite direction.

A person?

"H... hello?!"

My timid but loud call revealed a decent echo, but I knew whoever it was couldn't hear me from how far we were from each other.

This unknown person was far, but those hills were definitely farther, so I decided the closest thing to me had the closest answers and trekked towards the figure.

Some time had passed before I could make out more details of this stranger.

Who or whatever it was, it was shorter than me. They had a thin build concealed by a white robe.

The back of it's head was a vibrant green color, and bulbously shaped.

I was taken aback, but still adamant on finding out what was going on. I carefully came closer until I was about six feet away from him, and repeated myself.

"Um... hello?"

It's head perked up in what looked to be elation. The figure carefully turned to look at me.

 The figure carefully turned to look at me

It was Pepe the Frog.

Pepe the Frog... from the Internet.

From the, at most, 6 or 9 memes I had saved in the respective folder on my computer. In a white robe looking right at me with a smile.

I turned back around to scan the world I was in, doing a double take to make sure he was actually there, and looking at me.

There were, and still are, no words for what I felt at that moment.

What I could feel after the moment was my blood freezing and my breath beginning to hitch while getting more rapid.
My heart felt like it would burst out of my chest at the total absurdity of whatever this was supposed to be.