Chapter 4

Natasha sat in the library, doing some studying on the subject she had signed herself up for. She wanted to make sure she understood what she had missed since they had all joined in the middle of the year. That meant they were all behind on their subjects and there were exams they would have to take if it took a long time to recruit the young Stark to make the chemical.

"Natasha. Can you hear me?" She heard Steve in her earpiece.

She stood up and sorted out the table to make sure the other students knew that there was someone there before heading to the bathroom. She scanned the bathroom, making sure that no one was there before she tapped into her earpiece.

"Yes. I'm here." She said, hiding in a stall so no one would see her just standing in the bathroom.

"I've made contact with Tony." Steve responded.

"And? What is he like?" Natasha asked.

"Well, he's getting bullied. He ran into me and was getting chased by some bullies that he had decided to get back at." Steve explained and Natasha sighed.

"Of course he is being bullied. Was he okay?" Natasha asked.

"Yeah. He hid behind me. Rhodey is here as well. Seems the two of them are very close and Rhodey is very protective of him." Steve explained.

"Well, that never changed." Natasha said with a chuckle.

"I have to go now. I don't want the professor to get suspicious of me being out of class for so long. Clint is the one who is on the same course as Tony. So he should be able to make contact later." Steve said before the coms went silent.

Natasha opened the stall and walked out. She looked around and saw that no one had walked in, which was good. She headed out and went back to her books so she could study biology some more. She sat at the table and looked through all the content, making notes on the subject. She got absorbed in it that she didn't notice that someone was standing there, wanting to ask if they could sit down at her table since everywhere was full.

"Excuse me. Can I sit down here and study? I won't disturb you." The person asked, causing Natasha to look up.

It was Rhodey. It surprised her that he would be in the library by himself after hearing from Steve that he had just protected Tony from being bullied. She's surprised that she would leave him alone after that.

"Sure. I'm not waiting on anyone." She said and went back to reading her book. and taking notes.

Rhodey sat down and began reading through the book he had taken out. They both just sat in silence and studied their respective subjects. Nothing eventful was really happening other than the turning of pages and the contact of pen on paper as notes were made. That was until the sound of footsteps was heard coming towards the table.

"Hey! Rhodey! Look what I've found!" The voice shouted, causing Natasha to look up from her book.

Tony was there, holding a book that seemed to be on the theory of AIs and a coding book. Of course, he was already delving into AI at this age.

"One, you're not supposed to be shouting in the library. And two, the theory of AIs book you've been wanting to read has been returned." Rhodey said as he looked over at the teen.

"Oh yeah. I know I shouldn't be yelling. But I'm just so excited. I can finally do my little project." Tony said, bouncing on his feet a little and holding the books to his chest.

Natasha watched the two of them. Tony was doing exactly what he would do as an adult when he was excited about projects he wanted to do. Tony turned and looked at Natasha and his bouncing stopped.