Chapter 9

He wasn't sure why he felt it was important to go and see Lou before she left, he had an excuse he knew he could use, but he just wanted to check in on her, especially after how this week has been. So, he geared himself up and went and knocked on her door.

Part of Lou contemplated ignoring the knock at the door and just lying there and wait for them to leave, but she pulled herself out of bed and checked the peep hole. She grabbed a cardigan off the top of her dirty clothes pile and opened the door, slightly confused. "Hey Daniel, everything okay?" She wrapped the cardigan around her tightly, "yeah sorry to just drop in unexpected but I think you still have my jacket from Monday night?" Lou felt like an idiot for holding onto it so let him in. She tried to look around the room for where she'd left it on Tuesday morning. "Wow you got a nice room; Mercedes must be doing alright." Daniel laughed. She smiled and handed him his jacket that she'd saved from her suitcase, "sorry must have packed it with my clothes, yeah it not bad. I won't trade any secrets though."

He smiled at her as he held onto the jacket, "I didn't just come for the jacket, I wanted to check you were doing okay. You seemed down earlier and then after all the shit on Monday..." Lou smiled and ushered for him to sit down, she felt rude making him stand if he wanted to talk, "I'm doing okay, thanks Daniel, I appreciate it." Things suddenly felt super serious, a feeling neither of them were particularly familiar with, "so did you get in Max's zone?" He laughed and they got chatting for a while, he spoke to her about her first experience of a circuit, and she asked how he felt his testing went. "I've got to shoot, early flight, but you've got my number from the group chat, feel free to text me anytime." He turned to walk about the door, "thanks Daniel, same goes to you." Lou smiled as she closed the door behind him, almost instantly her phone buzzed on her bed.

Lou laughed and lay back down – she thought about how rock and roll her life was as she got ready to go to sleep at half 8! She lay there for a while and reflected on the week; she'd had such an amazing time getting to know everyone, but she could...

Lou laughed and lay back down – she thought about how rock and roll her life was as she got ready to go to sleep at half 8! She lay there for a while and reflected on the week; she'd had such an amazing time getting to know everyone, but she couldn't help but worry about the next time. She felt her eyes get heavy and started to drift off. As she woke up 12 hours later, Lou realised how much she needed that sleep. Their flight back to the UK was at 10:30 so she rushed out of bed and into the shower, dressed and forced the last of her packing into the top of the suitcase. Just as she zipped it up George text telling her they were leaving in 5 minutes, so she did a last sweep of the room and got down to the lobby to meet the car.

On the flight home Daniel sent Lou a message just to say Hi, as did Lando, so Lou guessed they were on a flight together too. She spent a while texting them both and also talking to Lewis and George. Her and Lewis were teasing each other, she was teasing him about stalking her and he tried to fight back about Daniel being in her room, that soon stopped as George pointed out stalking was creepier than Daniel collecting his own property.

Lou had never been happier to get back to her own home, Rachel was waiting for her which was the best surprise; she hadn't told her that she'd booked the day off to welcome her back. The next few days were a slice of normality for Lou, she even managed to go out with her friends. Her best friend, Gabby, had arranged a girls' night so that they could all catch up and hear the gossip on what Lou had been up to. Gabby kept asking about all the drivers, but Lou said nothing. "We just need to get her more drunk to get her to spill her secrets" Gabby cackled as she poured another drink. And with that, it was decided they were going out properly, or as every Brit calls it, they were going out-out. The girls spent far too long get ready, but no one could decide what to wear, as the girls weren't prepared for a proper night out everyone was raiding Lou's wardrobe. Lou eventually found a black lace body suit with black shorts and a blazer with a pair of strappy black heels that she knew she'd regret wearing tomorrow. Then they hit the town and boy did they hit it hard.