The little things matter to

Start from the beginning

I want there to be a scenario where upper moon three is dead while Rengoku is still alive. For such a thing to happen, I need to kill Akaza in the small-time frame when Rengoku finds Akaza, but I've already established the chances are slim. I also don't know how powerful I am, for all I know I could potentially die. This is upper moon three we are dealing with, the same upper moon I would have not defeated if Tanjiro wasn't there, I have to remember I won't have Tanjiro to help me this time.

I want to kill Akaza but is killing him even a necessity? Letting Akaza run after holding him off won't be such a bad idea. After all, I only need to keep rengoku alive, but I know for sure Akaza will become a thorn in the future. Letting Akaza go only solves the problem in the meantime, someone will be bound to face him in the future. This is why I want to kill him, so he's not a problem later on, but I'm not even sure I can kill him.

I'm confident I've grown stronger but is it strong enough to kill a top Upper moon by myself? All the Hashira needed some type of help to kill an Upper moon in the infinity castle, so what makes me think I could defeat the upper moon that utterly destroyed me last time? He completely overwhelmed me and even managed to break through my toughest defensive technique. Fighting Akaza alone might be a death wish.

The safest option is to work with Rengoku and hold off the upper moon until the sun rises, it will make sure everyone stays alive. Akaza can be dealt with in the future when everyone is trained and stronger. It's selfish of me, but I need to stay alive. If I die, it ends. I won't be able to create changes anymore, so I can't die! I think I might go with the first plan.

"No!" I suddenly yelled out in anger as I slammed my fist on the table

How could I think so selfishly? If I let Akaza go, more people are going to die. On top of that, I don't know if everyone's strength in the future will be up to the level to kill Akaza. What am I doing right now? I have to go kill Akaza right? But if I die, then I can't save them, but if I let him go more people are going to die.

"Argh!" I let out a groan of frustration as I slam my head on top of the Desk.

"I need to clear my head.." I say to myself

I head outside of the back door before taking a seat on the porch My head felt as if it was about to explode from the stress until I felt the soft nightly breeze touch my face. I started taking a couple of deep breaths to calm my nerves while enjoying the nightly cold. I don't want to think about that right now, it's only going to make me more stressed. I have time before the mugen train, I shouldn't be so stressed over a couple of hours of thinking.

I felt the tension in my head start to slowly go down as I observed the nightly stars. The night, always helped me calm down. Something about the quiet nature of the night is relaxing, I don't know what it is but I'm thankful for it. I got off the porch and then lay down on the grass as I continued to watch the nightly sky. Doing this reminded me of many memories. Memories of Kocho and I doing missions as we watched the nightly skies, training with Tanjiro as we relaxed and watched the skies. As dangerous as the night s thanks to demons, most of my memorable moments happened during this time. It's quite ironic.

I felt more relaxed now as my mind felt more open now. I won't worry about that for now, but I know I have the decision to make soon. I tightened my fist knowing with determination before closing my eyes. It was around 3 or 4 in the morning; I'd had some sleep but remembering what I said to myself about self-management a couple of days ago, I think I'll just sleep here.

As I tried closing my eyes to fall asleep, I suddenly heard a very quiet and timid cry. I stood immediately awake to see where it came from, however as sudden as it came it went away. I looked around to see if I could hear it again, but once again, nothing. Am I hearing things?