Chapter 8

Alicent was sitting in the tent with the other ladies of court gossiping, even though they used to give her respect as Queen they always saw her Viserys child bride but this time it was different they saw her as a Queen as they used to with Queen Aemma she doesn't know what changed but she was glad. They were gossiping about Stepstones and Lady Johanna when Larys Strong approached them, asking if he would be welcome to sit as his clubfoot prevented him from taking part in the hunt. Alicent had to put on her smile and graciously accepted and introduced him to the group while on the inside all she wanted to was get away from him, he might have been one of her biggest allies but he was more loyal to her father than her and she couldn't forget how he made her fell. Larys Strong was a dangerous man and he can not be trusted, she will need to be careful with him as getting rid of him is not easy, Larys always gets rid of the evidence for his crimes.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even notice Rhaenyra enter the tent it was Lady Lannister who bought her out of her thoughts.

"Perhaps the princess can give us some insight." Lady Lannister asked Rhaenyra trying to put her on the spot.

"I'm afraid I have little to contribute my lady, I have no involvement with them." She said giving her a fake smile wanting to end the conversation.

"Your dear uncle is the great mind behind this war is he not?" but of course, the lady did not know when to shut it and pushed it.

"I suppose but I can offer little insight, my uncle and I have not spoken for some years now." Alicent could see Rhaenyra was getting tired of this conversation.

"Since you supplanted him as heir-" Alicent quickly cut her off before she say any further.

"Daemon made his choices, Lady Ceira." Alicent stated in her 'Queen voice' (which she hadn't used ever since she came back) leaving no room for argument, "The princess is more suited to the role." She continued while looking at Rhaenyra with a warm smile. The princess's lips curled into a genuine smile at her words. "Now if you will excuse me, ladies I have things to discuss with the princess," Alicent said before the ladies of the court could continue to push the princess. Rhaenyra quickly came to her side and helped her stand up and they walked out of the tent knowing very well all the ladies will start talking about them the minute they left but neither of them cared about it.

"What is it that you wanted to discuss," Rhaenyra asked her once they were away from anyone's earshot.

"Nothing I just wanted to get out of there before they pushed you more"

"Thank you, Issa jorrāelagon(my love)" Rhaenyra had to resist the urge to kiss her.

"So, did you talk to Jason Lannister?"

"No, Not yet."

"Rhaenyra the sooner you deal with this, the sooner it will be done, and you don't have to see him that much again after this hunt."

"Ugh, You are right but I can't deal with him. I hate it when you are right."

"No, you don't, you love it when I'm right." Alicent gave her a smug smile.

"Stop looking so smug I wanna kiss you right now and it's not fair that I can't."

"Aww, my poor baby. How about we make a deal if you find the white hart and deal with the Lannister then I will give a reward when we get back to the castle to celebrate our first victory against my father."

"Well, you could have said that before I would have been done with the Lannister already. Come on, let's go. We got to hurry." Alicent laughed while Rhaenyra dragged towards the main where the king and the other lords were present.