Part 2

To her surprise it wasn't long after she continued, the pink haired, met Shadow again. Said hedgehog stared at her with confusion. "How did you get in front of me?"

Amy just looked back with the same confused expression. "I did?"

"I was heading in a straight line the whole time. You can't possibly be in front of me." The hedgehog crossed his arms and closed his eyes, trying to immerse into his thoughts.

"That is really strange. I thought I went in the same direction as you did." Suddenly, the black hedgehog flung his eyes open.

"Don't tell me..." The pink hedgehog was just about to ask what's going on, but Shadow interrupted her. "Wait here for a second!" Said girl just stood there, still visibly confused, and nodded. Shadow started to run in high speed, but no matter in which direction he ran, he always passed by Amy. Said girl felt like she was trapped in a whirlwind. One second, a strong wind blew from behind her, the next second, the wind blew from her left, then in front of her. Frustrated, the pink haired girl groaned.

"What are you doing, Shadow!?" she exclaimed.

Shadow stopped in front of Amy. The black hedgehog seemed more sullen than usually. After a few seconds, he took a deep breath and tried to calm down first, before speaking. "Since I entered this place, I had this strange feeling something is wrong, and now I understand what's bothering me. The paths are ever-changing, or more like, something is messing with our brain! We are trapped here."

"That's awesome!" Amy squealed full of joy, which the black hedgehog answered with a doubtful face.

"Are you even aware in what kind of situation we are here?" Before Shadow could speak any further, Amy raised her hand in front of him to interrupt his lecture, and the girl put on a cheerful, bubbly smile.

"It means, we can get to know each other better." The black hedgehog opened his mouth to protest, but Amy wasn't listening anymore and started to set up her camping gear she took with her. After all, a hunt for true love can't be completed in one day, right?

Shadow just stood there looking at her with frustration. How can this girl be so cheerful and careless about this whole situation? She was reminding him, more and more, of a certain blue Hedgehog, which was much to Shadow's dislike.

Defeated, he turned away from her, crossed his arms, closed his eyes and patiently waited for Amy to finish. "We should make it comfortable as long as we are trapped here. Come have a seat!" Said hedgehog reluctantly turned back to Amy and was surprised. He closed his eyes just for a few seconds and everything was already done.

"That was fast..." he let out, a little bit impressed.

"Aww, that's nothing." Amy waved off the compliment, although she still seemed to enjoy it. "When you're on your own, you start to get a hang of putting up a camp."

Shadow silently sat on a tree stump in front of the prepared campfire, his arms crossed. "Well, I...." Suddenly he felt dizzy and had to support his head with his hand. Shadow's behavior alerted Amy, and she started to observe Shadow intensively. After taking a closer look at him, she put on an annoyed, yet worried expression.

"I can see that! It seems like you are way longer in this jungle, than I am. Here!" She handed the black hedgehog a part of her supplies and a water bottle, so he could finally hydrate and get something between his teeth. Shadow sat there for a while staring at the provisions in his hand, then looking at the pink hedgehog, which was still smiling.

"I can't just take your stuff!" He answered, trying to turn down the gesture.

"Of course you can! I insist." The girl answered proudly. "And I bet you wouldn't mind taking from others if you really have to." Looking back at Amy's supplies, Shadow just let out his typical "Hmph" and started drinking and eating up. She was right after all.

The pink hedgehog waited patiently for Shadow to finish, waging her tail up and down in excitement, like a cute dog. After said hedgehog was done, he stood up and immediately tried to skedaddle. "I'm going to sleep. I need some rest."

"But the sun is just setting down..." The girl looked disappointed but was also worried about Shadow's condition, so she put on a little smile in comprehension. "Okay, sleep tight!" The black hedgehog showed no reaction to her words at all and went behind the tent to lie down. Leaving Amy in confusion as to why he would lie down, so far away from her, or why he wouldn't use the cuddling blankets from the tent, or using said object at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you all for your support! I'm glad you like my story and that future parts will be as exciting for you as it's for me :D

BTW: The picture in the header is from Sonic Channel (as you can see from the watermark) If you like more awesome wallpapers like this, check their site out! Here: https://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/enjoy/