Chapter Two

This chapter isn't so action-packed but it's a build up so please vote/comment! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting on the hard chair waiting for Mustafa felt like a lifetime. Both Arina and Isaak silently anticipated his arrival. For some strange reason, Arina had a small feeling of excitement rushing around her body; surely because she didn't have a clue what was in store for her.

Isaak rocked back and forth in his chair glaring at the door, hoping for some kind of life to knock on it. It wasn't that he couldn't wait to get rid of Arina, it was merely the fact that he wanted to get this "business deal" over and done with. He couldn't bear to see Arina go; he had always had a soft spot for her, though it was one that he didn't often show. 

              "Baba, what will I be doing when I go with Mustafa?" Arina shattered the growing silence.

               "I don't know, Arina." When he saw this answer was insufficient for Arina's wondering mind, he moved beside her. "All that matters is that you're going to have a better life. Okay?" He began stroking her hair subconsciously. Arina looked up at his disconsolate facial expression.

               "What's wrong, Baba?" Her expression now matched his and the room's atmosphere was now almost unbearable.

               "Nothing, nothing at all." He took a moment to compose himself. "Remember what I say next always. Don't ever let anybody do anything to you that you don't agree with. Do you understand, Arina?"

Arina had a bewildered look on her face now. She scrunched up her eyebrows and drew her finger to her temple in confusion.

                "Why would anybody do anything to me that I don't agree with?" 

Isaak sighed, unsure of what to say.

                "Just as a precaution remember what I said. Always."

                "Baba, I'm going to miss you. Please visit me everyday," Arina's words of affection were left unanswered due to the fact the doorbell was heard. Isaak was grateful of the timing; he wouldn't have to reply with the emotional response that he, so badly, wanted to state. The duo looked at each other in a split second, before Isaak got up and rushed off to open the door.

Arina sat alone in the living room pondering what her new life would consist off. Would she have a new, paradisiacal room? Would her friends be better than the friends she had here? Or would they bully her like the girls from the older years? 

Her thoughts came to an abrupt end when she saw Mustafa standing opposite her. She looked to see where Isaak was, and saw him shuffling around in the doorway, looking down. 

                "Come on. It's time to go and no funny business this time." Mustafa grabbed her by her sleeve wrist and steered her out of the room.

                "Bye, Baba," she managed to conjugate. 

Isaak couldn't lift his gaze from off the ground; he looked far too grief-stricken. 

                 "Remember what I said, Arina," he reminded her with tears in his eyes. 

Before she could respond, Mustafa had shut the door; creating the barrier, that would forever grow, between Arina and her step-father. Mustafa continued to grasp onto her sleeve down the stairs of the small flat, until they had reached the bottom.