"Yes, I plan to tell her once we're married."

Another voice chimes in.

"Do you think she'd let me be involved?"

"If only I could give you an heir..."

You creep forward, as silent as possible, taking slow, shallow breaths in an attempt at hearing the conversation without being detected.

"It's silly for us to discuss the impossible. I love you- no title, duty, heir or circumstance is going to change those feelings."

In that moment, you realize that you recognize one of the voices.

It is the voice of Prince Aster.

Your head begins to spin at the realization, and perhaps because you've barely been breathing for the last several minutes. Lightheaded, you begin to lose your footing.

You tip forward, unable to steady yourself with your feet alone, and reach out to stabilize yourself against the wall, causing the large wooden door leading into the room to let out a low creek.

"What was that?"

"I'm sure it's nothing, nobody else can get here."

"I'm going to take a look."

Completely paralyzed by the situation unfolding around you, you make no attempt at hiding away. When Aster rounds the corner, the two of you almost immediately lock eyes. You're unsure as to which one of you is more bewildered at that moment.

"What is it?" The other mysterious voice, that you're now almost certain you recognize as well, calls out from inside the room.

"'Um..." Aster trails off, his eyes never leaving yours.

"Are you alright?" The other, definitely familiar voice calls out again.

Bragi emerges from the room, his face contorted with concern. When his eyes lock with yours, he too falls into your shared silent stupor.

After several agonizing moments, you finally choke out, "I'm sorry." You're unsure as to what exactly you're apologizing for. The news you intend to share with Aster, accidentally falling into wherever the hel you are, or catching him and Bragi... What exactly have you just caught them doing?

"You're sorry?" He laughs- actually laughs in a situation as this. "You've just happened upon your future husband hiding away in another realm having an intimate conversation with- wait, how much did you hear?"

"I'm not sure." You stammer. "... Something about having an heir and after we're mar- hang on, did you just say that we're in another realm!?"

He turns to Bragi with a puzzled expression before answering your question.

"She must know. She couldn't have gotten here without magic." Bragi whispers to Aster as though you aren't standing right there hearing his every word.

Aster turns back to you, seemingly expecting you to say more.

"Aster... where the hel are we?"

The prince raises a puzzled brow at your question. "Gersemi... how did you get here?"

"I have no fucking idea, Aster!" You explode. All of your fear, anxiety and confusion has caused you to finally reach your boiling point. "I was in the palace gardens when I noticed some runes carved into the Socotra tree, and then, I just sort of... fell- would one of you PLEASE tell me what's going on!?" You slap your hand over your mouth as you realize that in your panicked state, you've just cursed in front of the future king.