"Didn't you try to prove me wrong back at the Beach?" you exposed him again.

"Can't you just forget something?"

"Not when it comes to you."

  Chishiya had somewhat of a faint smile on his face. He was content — maybe close to happy, even. No one would've thought that the borderlands could be a place in which someone could find happiness. Including you and Chishiya. But you were proved wrong as you were so close to each other. Physically and spiritually.

  "You know I've never tried to create connections with people unless I had obligations to do so. I might mess up this thing between us anytime. Are you really willing to risk it?" Chishiya reopened what you thought it was now a closed subject.

  "Yes, I am. Because I trust the fact that it won't be intentionally." after your response you looked at the blonde.

"What makes you so sure?" Chishiya asked while looking into your eyes.

"The way you're looking at me. I don't know how to describe it but it's different from the one when we first met. It's like they're sparkling now... Just forget it, it doesn't make any sense." you broke the eye contact, but Chishiya didn't move his gaze from you.

Was it really so obvious? he asked himself. He knew how capable he usually was to mask true feelings from surfacing. This time, when it came to you, everything he knew of disappeared. His rules stopped existing and you created some new ones for him.

"I think it makes perfect sense. I mean, my perception and everything of you changed. I guess it's possible for the look I give you to change as well."

"What do you like about me? The thing that made you make up your mind about me. There must be something."

"There is." Chishiya admitted. "I think it's the way you just effortlessly care. Not just about anybody. About those that would do the exact same as you do for them. You feel for people in the exact amount they feel for you. Not many people can do that."

"I thought you didn't like that about me."

"I thought so too. But I realized that you're not doing it foolishly. You're simply defending your people. Not just anyone."

"Like Arisu?" you said with a tint of amusement.

"Like Arisu."

The thought of your best friend was always somewhere running through your mind ever since you split up. You hoped that he was alright wherever he was and that Usagi was still with him. He needed her more than he realized. She was his balance, his other half. Without her, he'd be twice as lost as he was before he met her. And you didn't want that. Usagi was someone that could keep Arisu in his place. One of the only people able to do so.

"I really hope he's safe."

"Don't worry, he's one of those people that would survive anything no matter what. God's favorite, maybe."

"I see where you're coming from."

Some moments of silence filled the room, in which you relaxed in Chishiya's arms. Just enjoying each other.

  "If you'll ever see your family again... What would you do?" Chishiya asked.

"Maybe hug them? I don't know. They weren't the most supporting and understanding, but I do miss them. What about you?"

"I know for sure that I don't miss them. This place, away from them, is an escape that I've wanted for a long time."

"Is that why you enjoy being here?"