68 - Rum and Coke - Chris POV

** CW :: possible sexual assault **

This chapter depicts scenes of possible assault/sexual assault and may be upsetting for some readers. Please read at your own discretion.

—————

While the girls went down to the dance floor, Chris, Sebastian, and Anthony stayed in the lounge. Chris sat back, laying one arm across the couch cushions while he crossed his ankle over his knee, sipping his whiskey while he watched Sebastian and Anthony play pool.

The men started talking about work but, of course, the conversation eventually turned to being about their relationships.

"So why didn't you ever tell us about Alexa?" Anthony probed as he sank a striped ball into the corner pocket.

"We agreed we wanted to stay just us as long as we could. And I know you won't talk, but I didn't want her to feel pressured."

"Well, I like her." Anthony stated firmly.

"Good. I'm glad," Chris said with a laugh.

There was a beat of comfortable silence before Sebastian broke it to ask, "Rylee said she was grabbing me another drink, right?"

"Yeah," Chris and Anthony both chimed back in unison. Chris continued, "You need to fuckin' listen, man."

"I mean I do, but I dunno. I forgot. Leave me the fuck alone," Sebastian said, taking his turn at the pool table.

"Speaking of," Anthony sing-songed as Rylee walked in the door, two drinks in hand.

"Thanks, babe." Sebastian said to Rylee as he took the drink from her hand and leaned in for a kiss.

"Of course. I'm gonna go run to the bathroom. I'll be back!" Rylee said quickly as she pointed over her shoulder. She handed her drink to Sebastian and shuffled out the door.

"Imma hit up the bathroom too," Anthony said as he finished his turn at the pool table.

Sebastian set Rylee's drink down beside him and plopped down in the spot next to Chris on the couch with his drink, taking a slow sip from it. "So, have you still been working on your plan for your secret trip?"

Chris took a drink from his glass, "Yeah, it's going smooth so far. Even though it's been weird to talk to Alexa's parents before I've ever really met them in person."

"You've talked on the phone and through FaceTime though right? So it's not like you've never talked before." Sebastian stated.

"Yeah. Her moms so ecstatic though. It's cute. She's a sweet woman. It's been hard as hell sneaking this around Alexa though." Chris chuckled.

"So when's the trip planned for?"

"In two weeks. Once we're done filming. Got a private flight out to Pittsburgh on Thursday. Her parents have been helping organize a relatively flexible itinerary of things we should do."

"I'm just worried she's going to make some plans or something and I won't be able to talk her out of them. I don't wanna spoil it."

"So you really don't wanna tell her about it ahead of time?" Sebastian asked.

"No." Chris said, tipping his glass back to his lips.