New roommates

Caden demanded an answer over the phone and I was too shaken to keep up the calm facade. The small voice in my head shouted at me to tell Caden what happened. It was convinced he could make it better. He could make everything better.

I blew out a slow breath, "it's nothing really, I just met an alpha and I haven't been around one since before I perfumed. It was just different."

A moment of silence passed between us. "And?" Caden prompted.

"He got a little close. I don't know. It's nothing really. I'm fine, just overreacting. It's no big deal."

Caden growled over the phone, "it's not nothing. I'm on my way now. How close did he get exactly?"

"Not that close." I lied, "you don't have to come really. I was just about to fall asleep anyways. Goodnight."

"Absolutely not." Caden stated followed by the sound of a car engine purring, "you are staying on the phone with me until I get there. Okay."

I huffed, not putting up much of a fight because of how secretly pleased I was, "fine."

I completely zoned out while Caden murmured sweet nothings over the phone. I was surprised that Caden cared so much that he was traveling miles to support me. I was jolted out of my half asleep position when a sharp knock sounded from the door. 

Muffled through the door, Caden reassured me it was just him. I looked through the peep hole in the door to confirm. I still hesitantly opened the door for him. He gave me a small smile that silently asked me if I was okay. I stepped back into the room to let him in. He quietly pushed the door closed behind him and slid the bolt through to securely lock us in.

I latched onto him the second he turned around. I hadn't realized how dependent I was of Caden, someone who I just met a few days ago. He was like the bright, fiery ball in the sky, that made me want to expose myself to him so he can warm me up from the inside out. 

His syrupy, sweet scent worked overtime to overpower any reminders of the alpha's scent. I shuttered remembering how close he had gotten. Caden rubbed a hand down my back softly. "You're okay now princess, I've got you."

A small treacherous tear slipped loose. I quickly tried to blink it away. A part of me didn't want to fall apart in front of Caden but another part was so overwhelmed it didn't care. If that was my first encounter only a few hours after being outside of the school, how many more encounters will I have like that? All because I decided I wanted to be a stupid fucking omega?

I chocked into Caden's neck and the ugly tears finally came. Why couldn't I just hold it together once in my life? 

Caden cradled me closer to his warmth and softly stroked my back. He never spoke a word, but the silent touches of reassurance spoke volumes. He was here.

After I came back to earth from my little meltdown and the rasping sounds coming from the back of my throat died down. I was too embarrassed to pull myself away from Caden's neck which was completely soaked with my tears. Caden slowly maneuvered me onto the bed tucking my body under the sheets. He moved away and I instantly reached out and tugged him closer.

"Baby, I'm going to come back let me just take off my shoes first." 

I reluctantly let him go and almost immediately he was back and wrapped himself around me. He pulled away to dab at my watery, swollen face and to kiss my nose. "This isn't going to happen again," he promised before my heavy eyelids finally shut.

I woke up to Caden softly talking on the phone. I wanted to fall back asleep but my curiosity won  and I decided to listen in on his conversation. "No, she didn't say exactly what happened. She only smelled faintly of him." Caden paused, "There was a bruise on her wrist." He briefly listened to the person on the other end before continuing, "I don't know, I think so. I didn't ask her about it she was pretty shaken up about it and I wasn't going to go looking for more bruises." Another pause, "okay, okay, ya love you too. Be home soon."

 At first I thought maybe he was talking to the police but the ending proved that it was one of his pack members. I peaked up at Caden to find him already looking at me with a perfectly arched blond eyebrow. He grinned and bent for a kiss which I shimmied away from, morning breath hello? Caden's brows furrowed with worry, "oh shoot, sorry Odette I wasn't thinking I -"

"It's fine, Caden, honestly nothing did happen last night. All he did was grab my wrist and wanted me to go back to his room with him. I would rather brush my teeth before we kiss though."

Caden looked relieved that he hadn't caused a problem and nodded, "that's not nothing, Odette. Do you want to talk more about what happened." He was met with silence on my end. "okay, I'll order breakfast then. Anything in particular you want?"

I shook my head, "anything is fine."

Caden hummed and punched numbers into the phone with unnecessary aggression. There was a burning fire of anger in his eyes that I caught a glimpse of as I walked to the bathroom and lathered toothpaste on my toothbrush.

————————————

I licked my fingers and slouched back into the pillows satisfied with my full stomach. Caden was eyeing with a look, similar to how a child would look after opening the present they wanted the most on Christmas morning. 

Caden cleared his throat, "now that breakfast is over. I wanted to propose and idea to you and don't say no until you hear me out first."

I nodded already not wanting to know what master plan he had cooked up in his head. He wrung  his hands out, clearly nervous. "Okay so, this hotel bad idea right?" I slowly agreed with him curious to see where he was going with this. "Right so what would be great was coming with me to my home."

I shook my head sharply and immediately opened my mouth to object to that idea.

He placed a finger over my mouth, forcing my lips together and empathized, "you wouldn't even have to see anyone there. I promise. We all live in different wings of the house. We can stay in my wing. I already told them what happened. Which you know you little sneak. They agreed to letting you stay. No one wants you to stay here if it will cause you discomfort. But if you'd rather stay here I understand."

The last sentence sounded very forced and I was sure he wouldn't understand if I chose to stay but he would definitely try to understand. I sighed, the defiance towards this idea hadn't escaped me after hearing how enthusiastic Caden sounded about this idea. Also, if I didn't have to meet them, what's the harm? I was already packed and ready for another move so why not. Maybe I hit my head?

I shrugged, "sure. Why not. When do we leave?"

Caden sputtered obviously not expecting me to respond like this. He beamed, "wait, really. Now! Right now. We can leave right away. You're going to love my wing I promise and we have a garden and a big pool and hot tub. And of course you won't see anyone else but me in the house until you're ready."

Caden scrambled off the bed putting my toothbrush and toothpaste back into a bag and shoving it into my suitcase. 

"I'm just going to change before we leave."

Caden nodded, "of course, take your time."

I slipped into the bathroom and threw on another sweatshirt and a different pair of sweatpants before stepping out.

Caden was practically bouncing on his toes, "hello pretty lady. Ready?"

I grunted in response and did a quick look around the room before deciding I didn't leave anything behind and followed after Caden out the doors of the hotel. He guided me down to the garage where his car was parked. He placed my suitcase in the trunk for me and opened the door, like a true gentlemen. I thanked him and turned on the heat as soon as he started the car.

I glanced at Caden and decided now was a good time to speak my rehearsed speech, "I really appreciate you letting me come into your home and -"

Before I could even finish he waved me off, "gladly, princess, I only wish you had come sooner."