The Terror of Tal'dorei pt2

Dragons. They were staples of fantasy. The most iconic mythical beasts and usually the strongest, standing at the apex of the food chain.

And there was a chance they were about to fight one or something close.

"That is if that lizard was the one doing all of this." Nate whispered to himself.

He didn't want to say anything about the possible dragon. It was irrational, but he didn't want to deal with being wrong even with the others in his group. He didn't want to feel more horrible than he already is.

So he just decided to prepare something for the worst case scenario.

"Da fuck is that?" Asked Grog in confusion as he stared at a goblin wearing a Santa outfit and holding a large sack.

"Santa goblin. I made him because I thought, y'know, goblins are greedy and they steal gold. This one steals presents." Said Nate dejectedly. "Turns out I just reinvented the Grinch."

Pike and Grog stared at the shadowy figure of Nate in confusion.

"What's a Grinch?" Asked Grog in confusion.

"And what's a Santa?" Added Pike in similar confusion.

Nate's shoulders dropped in front of the two questions. "I'm not explaining Christmas."

Before one of the two could ask what Christmas was, a mother approached Pike.

"You're a priest of sorts, aren't you?" Said the mother. "Could you bless our house, protect it from this evil."

Pike awkwardly smiled as she stared at the mother. "Uhh, a-a blessing? Yeah yeah yeah, sure. No problem." She said nervously. "May the Everlight shine upon your home. Everything will be tip-top. Okay. I'm sure you'll survive these trying times, so, good luck?

"Are you sure you're a holy person?" Asked the mother's husband.

"Yeah, I'm-i'm just out of practice." Replied Pike awkwardly. "I just don't bless a lot of houses these days."

As the mother thanked Pike, her daughter approached Nate curiously.

"Woah! I've never seen anyone like you!" Asked the girl staring at Nate's shadowy complexion.

Time froze and the world turned gray, prompting Nate to roll a d20 before getting a 17.

"Uhh, I guess?" Replied Nate not knowing how to react as time started moving again.

"Is that weird goblin your friend?" Asked the girl pointing towards the Santa goblin dancing in the background.

Nate paused before crouching down to the girl's level. This was the least he could do considering the danger this family was in.

"Yeah...he is." Said Nate cheerfully. "He brings laughter and joy wherever he goes with his cheery laughter."

"I thought he stole gifts from peop-" Pike tried to say before Nate glared at her causing her to realize what he was doing. "I mean, yeah! He comes bearing joy!"

The girl giggled before noticing her brother with Vax and approaching them.

"I know I should've asked this earlier, but why did you make that goblin?" Asked Pike raising a brow.

Nate avoided eye contact. "It might help us later." He said before walking away.

As Nate walked away from Pike, he heard the children talking about their enemy.