CH 13- Victory

It was Friday.
Game day.
One of the most important matches. Today would determine if we would progress to the important overseas stage.

The game had started, and Carmen and I were nervous for our team.
We watched anxiously as they scored one goal.
The other team also scored.
It had reached the second half of the match when we scored another.
It all flew by so quickly. The next thing we knew, the match had ended, and we won.
We congratulated all the boys, and they were so happy they were hugging us and picking us up.

We congratulated Dembele, when he invited us to come to a party tonight.
"It's just a celebratory thing. Some of the players want to celebrate with their families and kids and wives, but a few of us young ones heard about this party. We want you girls to come with us".

Carmen and I looked at each other, and she nodded.
"Sure", we said.
"Awesome, I'll text you guys the address."

We only had enough time to go back to one of our houses, since we drove together, so we went back to my uncle's house.
I gave Carmen a really nice outfit to borrow and I changed too. We both took our hair down and put a bit of makeup on.

"Girl! You look stunning! Wait till Gavi sees you". I said smiling at her.
"Oh stop", she said as she blushed and laughed. "Look at you though!"
We both looked great. I took a mirror selfie of us and posted it on my story.

My aunty (Xavi's wife) dropped us off at the party since Carmen and I both wanted to have a few drinks.

I was looking forward to a good night.