CH 11- A smile

We got into the car, and the music turned on.
Playa Del Inglés by Quevedo was playing.

We were driving for a few minutes in silence, when he asked "Um, do you want any food?"
"I'm good thanks." I responded.
"Nah, just get something, it's the least I can do."
I thought about it for a second, and I actually was quite hungry.
"Okay.... How does Mcdonald's sound?"
"Yeah, sure." He replied.

We pulled up to Mcdonald's. I thought we were going to go drive-thru, but he parked the car. We got out and went inside.
When I placed my order, I was getting ready to tap my credit card, when he said his order and paid for both of us.
"Oh, um... you didn't have to do that".
"I did." He said seriously.
"Thanks", I didn't smile, but we held eye contact for a few seconds before I looked away.

The place was quiet, not a lot of people.
Our order came and we went and sat down in a booth.
We began eating when he put his burger down and said, "I just want to say, I'm sorry".
"It's ok, you've apologized already, and I'm all good. It's not broken, and the swelling will heal quickly". I nodded, covering my mouth while swallowing my food.
"No." He shook his head. "I mean I'm sorry for being a dick to you".

Oh.

I didn't say anything; I didn't know what to say. I wasn't expecting this.
I didn't know Pedri even had a heart.
He continued, "The way I constantly annoyed you, it's not okay".

It sounds like he means it.

"The day in the locker room, I was so embarrassed because of all the news that went public about my ex and me. I had just read the articles and she texted me before I saw you, and I took my frustrations out on you. I'm very sorry."

I was at a loss for words.

"I hope you can forgive me." He looked at me, sounding honest.

"I do." I tried to shake off how shocked I was and remained composed. I was a hothead, and I could tell he was. But I was also a forgiving person. The death of my mum made me realize that people react to situations in their own ways, and I understood.
"I probably spoke at times where my input wasn't necessary, like at the gym with Ferran and Ansu. I apologize for getting involved also."
"No, you were right.... I was miserable and was hardly thinking about the words coming out of my mouth. What I was saying wasn't right".
I looked at him. "It's all good trust me".
"Thanks", he said, giving me a small smile.
I gave him a very small one back.

By this time, we were done with our food, so we left and went to the car.
On the car ride to my uncle's house, we just made small talk about training and upcoming days. The conversation wasn't like how best friends talk, but how two people who didn't hate each other anymore talk. It was somewhat civil.

Later that night, I was thinking to myself.
Maybe he is a decent guy after all?