Chapter 1 - Burn in my Throat

Começar do início

"Touche," I laughed.

I saw the bartender soon approach us, handing us our two tabs.

"I'm closing them," she said to us both, "but, text me." She looked at me, smiling, before slipping me a number with my bill. I didn't know what to really think or say, but before I could, she slipped away, walking behind to the back.

"Did I miss something?" Leah said, laughing.

"Honestly, I think I missed something."

We paid our bills, before walking out together. I threw the number away, but held onto the rest of the beer I hadn't quite finished. We walked around the streets of North London, talking to one another. We were both quite wasted, but neither of us minded too much.

"Why did you move?" Leah asked.

"Um..."

"I don't mean to pry, but Lyon were expected to win the Champions League, and you were playing so well. Lyon are a great side. It just seemed so...unexpected."

"It was," I replied.

"So..."

"Are you normally this questioning?" I joked.

"No, not normally. This is what a few drinks can do to you." I laughed, before nudging Leah softly.

"I broke up with my girlfriend. Well, it was mutual. Well... she initiated it. I guess it wasn't so mutual."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Leah looked at me, smiling softly, before nudging me.

"Yeah, well..."

"Who was your girlfriend again?"

"Ellie Carpenter."

"Oh." I saw something click in her head, but I wasn't too sure.

"Yeah. It wasn't fun."

We continued to walk together, before reaching Leah's apartment.

"Hey, well, this was fun," I said to her, as she stood at her door.

"Want to...come in?"

"Really?" I asked her.

"It's all fun and games, Tippah. Nothing more." I looked at her, confused, but at this point, my brain was too full of alcohol to question anything, so, I walked inside.

The next morning, I don't remember much. I woke up, beside Leah Williamson, confused about how I ended up in her bed.

"Fuck," I said to myself, trying to find my shirt. She was still asleep, and I wanted to keep it that way. I didn't want to make a big deal of this. I could not already fuck this up for myself. I could not do this to myself already.

Except, I already had. I already had fucked it up. I had slept with the captain before I had even signed officially, or had done my medical and fitness.

As I was about to walk out the room, Leah moved. I stopped in my footsteps, turning around to see if she had opened her eyes. Except, thankfully, she hadn't. Instead, she just moved over, falling back to sleep.

I moved out of the room, walking down the stairs and outside. I grabbed myself an uber, taking myself straight to London Colney.

As I completed my medical, all I could think about was her, and her. Leah and Ellie. I couldn't believe that I had done that. I had never slept with anyone else, besides ellie. And for some reason, my stupid and overly drunk brain decided that the new English captain was the way to go. Why did I drink that much? Why did I-

"Tippah?" one of the medical examiners said to me.

"Right, sorry."

"Lost in your own world?" he asked, chuckling.

"A little."

"Well, you're all good to go."

"Great."

I walked outside, feeling the cold breeze on my face.

I turned around to see Jonas behind me."Tipp-ah?" he asked, smiling at me.

"Yes, Tippah, hello," I said, putting my hand out. He shook it, before leading me to the car. We were driving to the Emirates, to sign the contract.

As we arrived at the stadium, I was in awe. I knew, one day, that I would be playing here. My boots would be touching that grass, and I would be weaving my way through players. It was where I knew I would be able to belong.

I went with Jonas to the board room, before sitting down and signing the papers. 1.5 years. It sees me out to the World Cup. It was all I needed at that moment.

arsenalwfc: It's official. Welcome to The Arsenal @tippsjonesy

We have completed the signing of the 23-year-old midfielder from Olympique Lyonnais on a permanent transfer.

I smiled at the instagram post when I saw it, sending it to my mum and Finn.

Tipps: it's official guys <3

Mum: so proud of you my honey

Finnster: girl thats crazy!

I smiled at myself, proud of what had just happened. I was a gunner.

I then posted it to my own account, which had accumulated 200k followers. I uploaded the photo of me smiling, with the pen in my hand.

tippsjonesy: always starting the new journey with a smile. Proud to be joining @arsenalwfc!

Stephcately: MY TIPPY IS HOME WITH ME <3

Tippsjonsey: @stephcately excited my stefy!!!

Caitlinfoord: omg does that mean I get tippy assists?

Tippsjonsey: @caitlinfoord alwaysssssss

Samanthakerr20: a london lunch is on the table tippster

Tippsjonsey: @samanthakerr20 of course my dear

I looked at the likes for the first few minutes, trying to see if she would even acknowledge my existence. But she didn't. Ellie didn't like it. It was a sign. I knew we were over, but now, now I knew. It would never be the same again.

A few moments later, I saw a notification on my phone.

@leahwilliamsonn liked your photo

I chuckled under my breath, but then a new wave of fear crashed over me: I will have to deal with that. I will have to come to terms with what happened.

I had gotten drunk and slept with the Arsenal captain, and I had only been here one day.

note:

- chapter 1! let me know what u think ;) and where u think its going