𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟪: 𝐻𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝒥𝑜𝓎𝓈

Time skip

Author POV (ft. Shinobu):

Shinobu yawned as she sat up in her soft white bed. She took a moment to take in her surroundings as warm sunlight poured through the half-open window.

A minute later her brain processed that this angelic haven was her honeymoon with her new husband, Giyu. It all still felt like a dream- a beautiful dream where all her wishes came true and she didn't ever want to wake up. Shinobu pinched herself just in case, but it was reality. The perfect world.

Shinobu turned around to see Giyu still asleep. Though she knew him to be an early riser, everyone wanted to take a break sometimes and he was probably catching up on the sleep he needed. She decided to let him stay asleep for a while.

Shinobu climbed out of bed and selected a comfortable summer dress to wear. The weather was ultimately sunny and warm, with a clear blue sky and just the right tempature. Giyu had chosen the perfect place for their honeymoon- an island resort with a tropical paradise beach right outside their door.

As she finished brushing her teeth and hair, she decided to put on a little extra makeup. Usually she only did light daily, but honeymoon made her romantic and she decided to look nicer for Giyu. Their honeymoon lasted only a week and she wanted to make the most of it.

Deciding against putting in her butterfly pin today, as Giyu liked it when she wore her hair down, Shinobu wandered into the kitchen to make breakfast. She hoped Giyu would be up by the time she had breakfast warm and ready.

Shinobu opened the fridge and saw pre-packed pancake batter, fruit, frozen food, even cake, anything they could need. Giyu must have arranged for it to be delivered yesterday.

She took out the bowl of pancake batter and decided to try flip pancakes herself. She knew Giyu would be delighted to see steaming homemade pancakes ready when he awoke.

And so Shinobu dedicated herself to creating a perfect honeymoon breakfast for the rest of the hour.

Giyu POV:

I blinked as the newly shed light entered my eyesight. Everything was so bright- the window, the room, the future.

I slowly sat up and clambered out of bed. Looking beside me, the covers messy, was Shinobu's empty spot. She must have gotten out of bed earlier than me.

But with a gasp, I glanced at the alarm clock and realised just how late I had woken. 9 AM- I had left poor Shinobu to make breakfast herself! Sure, the pancake batter was ready, but I couldn't leave her to make breakfast on her own.

I quickly dressed and got ready, then burst into the kitchen to see my new wife unsuccesfully flipping pancakes determined, with her tongue sticking out and the most persevering face on.

"Shinobu!" I ran to her side, making sense of the situation.

She had almost completely burnt half a pancake and most of the batter still wasn't ready. She was trying to flip the pancakes but they kept on flopping onto the sides and sizzling. Sweat was dripping down Shinobu's head as she did her best to flip the pancakes inside of the pan.

"Oh! Giyu!" Shinobu turned to me and gasped, "Oh no! I was planning to have these pancakes finished by the time you woke up! I'm so sorry, I can't cook very well. I'm too used to having Aoi make everything for me, I'm such a poor housewife!"

"No, no," I gently guided her delicate hands away from the burning pan of mess, "It's fine, you did your best! I'm sorry I made you make breakfast. I'll take care of it."

"Oh, thank you," Shinobu sighed with relief as she went to clean up the mess of batter she had made.

As I flipped the remaining batter, I studied her more carefully. Something about her was different.