𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟥: 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓅𝓈

Author POV (ft. Shinobu):

Shinobu, Mitsuri and Akira walked to class side-by-side, smiling and chatting.

"Did you guys finish the history homework?" Akira asked.

"Yeah, did it last night with a bowl of udon," Mitsuri grinned.

"I finished it two days ago," I answered.

"Oh, great," Akira groaned, "I'm gonna be the only one who didn't finish it. I'm almost done, but I forgot about the fourth paragraph! I'm doomed. Mr Gates is super strict with homework."

"Hey, hey, relax," Shinobu said, pulling out a page, "Just copy this real quick."

"Really?" Akira's eyes lit up, "Thanks a bunch! You're a lifesaver!" She quickly copied my notes and closed her folder with a warm smile. Shinobu was happy to have helped her out.

At Kimetsu Academy, it was beyond normal to give homework to copy to your friends. Everyone probably did it, it was just so much easier to get one person to do it instead of two. Usually they exchanged homework every locker session.

"Aren't you gonna get in trouble, though?" Akira asked, worried.

"Nah, the teacher's never find out," Shinobu answered cooly, "Everyone does it."

"Ah, gotcha," Akira said as she stuffed the pages back into her backpack.

"You didn't do it at your Korean school?" Mitsuri asked.

"Yeah, no," Akira said with a dark look, "There were secuirty cameras in the hallways and they check on it more often than they check on the students physically. If you ever caught doing something suspicious they searched your bag and chided you. When you admit it, they hit you. No-one dared to copy homework."

"Yikes," Mitsuri said, "That sounds strict."

"Kimetsu Academy is so much more laidback compared to that," Shinobu grinned, elbowing Akira, "Aren't you happy you transferred here? Cheer up!"

"Yeah," Akira said, her face lighting up again, "Hey, we should hurry before we're late."

"Akira, you're no fun." Shinobu sighed.

"Ahh, Shinobu-chan, you don't mean you... skip class?" Akira said, alarmed.

"No, but you know what's really fun? Arrive a few minutes late. They won't even get mad at you because they were too worried you were kidnapped or something," Shinobu explained with a mischievous smile.

"Yeah, and they fuss over you for the whole session," Mitsuri agreed, "It's so fun. Everyone does it."

"Once we got the whole class to arrive half an hour late and Mr Gates was literally THIS close to calling the police," Shinobu said, her fingers an inch apart, "When we arrived, he almost fainted of relief! And we didn't even get in trouble!"

"That sounds... mischievous," Akira said, worried, "Mr Gates didn't actually faint, did he?"

"No, that was an exaggeration," Shinobu waved it off, "You don't get in trouble often here, and teacher's pets are bullied a lot."

"Right," Akira said, slowing down, "So let's arrive fashionably late."

"That's the spirit!"

Giyu POV:

It was a free session and me and Makomo were out in the school garden, picking roses.

I wanted to suprise Shinobu with a bouquet of roses. Even if she didn't like me back, I still wanted her to at least know I exist. Makomo was apparently a flower expert and was helping me find the perfect blooms.

She picked out a blood-red rose and said, "This one is perfect!"

"It is!" I agreed, "Thanks for the help, Makomo."

"It's my pleasure!" Makomo smiled.

"Hey, look!" Some guy in the yard pointed at us and chorused, "Tomioka and Makomo sitting in a tree, K-I-"

My face went tomato red and so did Makomo's. It was no secret that everyone shipped us, but honestly, she was just a friend and I just didn't see her in that way.

Luckily, Sabito had heard and slapped a hand on his mouth.
"Don't talk about my friends like that," he said, looking extremely scary, "Or else."

The guy quickly backed away.

"Thank you so much for that, Sabito," I said, hurrying over to him, "I would have died."

"Everyone's got the wrong idea!" Makomo cried, looking upset. The blush still hadn't left her cheeks.

"Yeah, you two are just friends, everyone needs to shut up about it," Sabito frowned.

I side-glanced at Makomo and she was staring at the floor, her face pink. I frowned. I hoped she didn't actually like me.. my heart belonged with Shinobu.

The red rose lay, abandoned, on the grass beside the bush.