1||War

"Toph! I don't think boomerang's coming back!" Sokka's voice barely cut through the wind to reach the girl's ears. A desperate plea hoping something would save them both.

But in the universe, Sokka's grip on Toph slipped, with her plummeting hundreds of feet towards the ground. The ground she could once manipulate to her will would be the death of her.

With wind whipping through her hair and into her ears, she couldn't even hear her own screams of desperation. Her limbs flailing around as if trying to feel for some sort of leverage to pull herself up.

None of her desperate prayers were answered, and she accepted her fate would end as soon as she hit the ground. She wasn't able to preform her bending without the correct katas and form with the wind making her body twist and turn frantically mid air.

What she didn't expect, was for her already dark world to become even darker when Toph's mind was tugged into unconsciousness.

________

Where the hell am I? Was her immediate thoughts as the earthbender instinctively planted the soles of her feet onto the ground before reeling back in shock at what she felt.

More like, she felt too much.

It was worse that anything she's ever 'seen'. It wasn't like her and the gaang's attack on the fire nation with a few allies, it was a full scale war happening all around her.

She took a deep breath and placed her feet on the ground once more to feel the surroundings. There was the leftover debris of a building shielding her from the watchful eyes of the warriors at battle. It seemed no one else noticed her yet based on how no one tried to make a break for her.

The earth bender checked her body for any major injuries before she sighed with relief when she only identified a few bruises here and there.

Now the second question where the hell is she?

"Portgas D. Ace's execution was moved up!" A voice coming far north shouted.

The smell of gunpowder, dust, and smoke filled Toph's sinuses and her lungs began to seize up.

Who the hell is Ace? Where am I? Who are these people fighting? Why are they fighting?A million question were flooding her mind and jumbled up her thoughts. She shook her head. When did I ever think before doing something? She didn't do it before, why start now?

She firmly stomped on the ground, the piece she was standing on began to break apart from the earth and she maneuvered it around the debris she has sensed a minute prior.

As soon as she made it to the other side of the wall, dozens of eyes shot to her.

Her unnatural clothing choice. Her odd eye color. The way she was standing on a floating rock.

"Hey!" She shouted towards a pirate who had just slashed the marine before him.

"The hell you want, kid?" The stranger asked gruffly as he slashed another one down with his blade.

"Where am I? I just appeared here out of nowhere." Toph's aloof expression never wavered even as she dodged gunfire pointed at her. She could sense and control metal and crystals, so even seastone bullets couldn't hit her if she could sense the minerals inside them.

"Marineford. In the middle of a war to save Portgas D. Ace, the kid kneeling at the top of that tower up there." The pirate gestured towards the chained down pirate.

Toph grimaced as she waved a hand in front of her eyes as the piece of earth she was floating on set itself down on the ground. "Gee, now I can see where he is––of course not, I'm blind you dingus!"