𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

"Give me the gun!" He screamed at her, snatching the weapon from her hands. "Get up!" This time he was directing his words toward Glenn.

I was completely and utterly useless and weak— a bystander. I knew our lives were on the line, but still I was frozen. There is absolute fear in my gut; it made me feel uneasy and nauseous. It worsened when I was forced into my knees and bagged. I knew what was coming, instead of saying any kind of goodbye, instead of fighting, I just shut my eyes and succumbed.

"On your feet, move." A man grabbed me from under my arm and pulled me to my feet. "Let's go, come on."

But as soon as we stepped out from the room a flash-bang of explosions went off and the man holding me went down, causing me to go down along with him. I could hear groaning and coughing; before I was able do anything a new hand touched my arm and whisked me away. Then came the gunshots, it followed us until we were pushed out from a door.

The bags were pulled from our heads and yet I still saw nothing, just a blur as we passed buildings; I couldn't hear a damn thing either, my eyes were still ringing. I was shoved into the closest building, my back slamming against the wall as the door shut behind me. There were too many voices overlapping one another, my hearing was coming back but it was still too hard to understand them all at once.

"Where's that woman?" That was what caught my attention, I didn't see a woman.

"She was right behind us." Rick answered Maggie, peeking through the blanket that covered the window.

"Maybe she was spotted. Want me to go look for her?" Daryl asks, rocking on the heels of his shoes.

"No. We gotta get them out of here." Rick says referring to the three of us. "She's on her own."

"Daryl." Glenn choked out as Maggie put something over his shoulders to cover him up with. "This was Merle. It was. He did this."

"Yeah.. He kidnapped us." I mutter, before pulling my knees to my chest.

"You saw him?" Rick questioned us, his eyes glancing between the both of us.

"Face to face. Threw a walker at me. He was gonna execute us."

As Glenn continued on I noticed Daryl's shift in posture and emotion. What was anger and focus now morphed into a kind of softness and adherence. Daryl wasn't listening to anything bad that happened because of Merle; he seemed to be more interested in the fact that his brother was alive. I could see it, I could sense it; he was the loyal type and that even meant his shit brother.

"S—So my brother's this governor?" He asks, lowering his crossbow and shuffling closer to Glenn.

"No, it's somebody else." Maggie spoke for Glenn. "Your brother's his lieutenant or something."

"Does he know I'm still with you?"

"He does now. Rick, I'm sorry." Glenn apologizes before explaining, his eyes staring straight into his; he was geniune. "We told him where the prison was. We couldn't hold out."

"Don't." Rick stopped him, kneeling in front of Glenn. "No need to apologize."

This entire predicament we were stuck in was overwhelming me, it stressed me out and was currently making me anxious. It made my skin feel the same way your feet felt when they were asleep, like a million thorns poking and prodding at my skin. I was trying to surge through the feeling, as if this was going to rush by the process somehow; I had to push it down my throat and swallow the fat lump of emotions— there were more important things at hand, like surviving. It still made nothing better, I followed the group around aimlessly and it appeared that they knew as much about this town as we did. The smoke, screaming, gunfire and shouting of orders made everything ten times worse for me.